Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
11/22/14 09:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 07 Z71 Stock Exhaust?  (Read 541 times)
Saavy Avy

2007 LT3 Z71

Awards
« on: 03/23/14 04:04 PM »

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding my 07 LTZ Z71 Avy. I'm trying to find out what kind exhaust did Chevy use on the Z?
Because for some reason my Avy has a deep throaty sound coming out of the muffler, doesn't sound stock but it looks like a
stock muffler. I'm wondering was a performance package available for the Z71? Thanks for any info here! I also did a Goggle search
and found nothing regarding the stock setup.

It takes bucks to play with trucks and whatever you do, don't cut the red wire!!
Roody650iAvy
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

Live to ride

WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: 03/23/14 05:23 PM »

Did you buy the vehicle new?

From the factory it would only have an OEM exhaust, unless it was on the dealer lot and they happened to install one of the GM-sourced products.

Past: '05 Z71 4x4 DGM - Daystar leveling kit // 285/70/17 Toyo ATII's // light bar // HD cab markers // AirRaid intake // MBRP exhaust

Present:
-2014 Challenger 100th Anniv.
-2007 Kawasaki Brute Force 650i - Ricochet skids // Interco Reptiles // ITP SS112's // Big Gun exhaust // TwinAir intake // Dynojet // Warn 2500ci

BLOG!
Saavy Avy

2007 LT3 Z71

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 03/23/14 05:41 PM »

Hey Roody650iAvy, I purchased the truck used with 50,000 miles. I wouldn't think that the muffler would go out that soon.
But it's possible! I do know it has the larger CAI installed.

It takes bucks to play with trucks and whatever you do, don't cut the red wire!!
Vaeagleav
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 03/23/14 06:19 PM »

As mentioned above the Z71 came with a high flow air filter but no other performance items (unless you consider suspension) like a Cat Back muffler setup. GM dealers do offer a high performance CAI and a high performance muffler that was made by several different companies over the years. Mufflers don't have to "go out' to be replaced so maybe the original owner swapped the muffler when new to something that looks stock? I have swapped stock with Corsa Sport with my two Z71s.

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.
Saavy Avy

2007 LT3 Z71

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 03/23/14 08:42 PM »

Good info thanks for that, makes sense to!!

MS03 2500
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 03/23/14 09:48 PM »

I think dealers put the Corsa Sport as a dealer installed option.

2003 2500
09chevyavy

Building my first and only dream AV

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 03/24/14 06:04 AM »

Couldnt he just climb under there and maybe just maybe the muffler has the manufacturer on the muffler, my flowmaster does, it says it right on the muffler, maybe corsa does the same thing?

Owner of Deep South Performance
2009 AV Black LT 2WD
Not stock
Check out my build
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,144942.0.html
Vaeagleav
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

The Avalanche just keeps getting better!

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 03/24/14 01:12 PM »

Been awhile since I crawled under and looked, I think Corsa does mark their mufflers somewhere other than the tailpipe tips. When I got my Corsa on my 2004 I got it direct from Corsa but the packaging was clearly marked a certified GM Product and was told that Corsa comes stock on Corvettes. There was lots of discussion back then and it was written that Corsa did make the GM high performance mufflers available at dealerships. Some have stated over time that the contract with GM changed and other companies like Borla may have started making the GM dealership product. Some posted that sound and quality levels changed then too. I haven't seen anything to say one way or the other on the newer versions. I do know that when I got a Corsa from them in 2008 the boxes no longer said a GM certified product.....so who knows?

2008 Z71 Silver Birch 
2004 Z71 Silver Birch before that.
Saavy Avy

2007 LT3 Z71

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 03/24/14 05:18 PM »

Great info guys! I did take a look underneath and I saw nothing. I don't know, but it sure purrs real good!! Thumbs up!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: