• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

new b needs a little help SHOCKS

rpmorrison

ok been doing lots of great stuff to my 2004 avy 1500 Z71,have had it a month, now I'm thinking shocks, don't know why it seems to drive great. but the fella has 120000 miles on it , so go for it, after reading all the post, I climbed under. what I found was KYB gas-a-just on the front and Bilstein T9R in the back. nothing like anything I've read in the post. The owner I got it from don't recall doing shocks, and the game warden that had it b4 him ain't around. So can you all steer me in the right direction? Don't seem stock to me, they don't look terrible but I want avy happy.

I like the Bilstein.

Second the Bilstein. What you have now isn't a stock setup, but if it's okay, why change?

thanks much, but if I were to change em out which bilsteins, they got quite a selection, and front vs back. I'm in North Dakota, we got more gravel roads then paved, lol. smooth ride more important to me, don't think I'll be doing any airborne stuff. Will be towing a little fishing boat a lot.

A lot of members like the Blisteins; I would search for the ride you are looking for. Then ask for input from members that have used that model. 
I have Rancho RS9000XL adjustable shocks I?m very pleased with them. I have used Rancho?s over the years on my off road play toys. This first street rig that I have put Rancho?s on. Changing settings is a breeze.

rpmorrison said:
thanks much, but if I were to change em out which bilsteins, they got quite a selection, and front vs back. I'm in North Dakota, we got more gravel roads then paved, lol. smooth ride more important to me, don't think I'll be doing any airborne stuff. Will be towing a little fishing boat a lot.

OEM replacement, yellow, non-adjustable, 4600 series. Unless you feel a compelling need for adjustables to tailor.

thanks for your input, after researching the cost, I'll wait till I really need them. A sale has to come around sooner or later. I's great having you all around. 

Back