• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

dash cluster went out.

gvcenter54

Hi guys. I was installing a new cd player in my 02 z71 avalanche and one of the wires zapped quick and now my dash cluster will not work. On a side note I had a guy install the new cd player and he cut the radio harness like one inch from pigtail or plug in and lost it in process trying to hot wire it when I had the damn aftermarket connector to it. Place refuses to pay for damages and now im screwed. All my dash is not working and only thing that does work is volt gauge and oil pressure. Ive checked all the fuses under hood and in door panel only one that popped was radio 10 amp fuse. Could radio really messed up my cluster?. Ive called 4 different gm dealers and they each tell me different stuff. Im kinda on the fence on what to do and think radio needs installed to connect illumination of dash but not sure,but I cant do it now with pigtail missing. Please help me!!

I dont know what the 02 looks like but this says it will fit  (y)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-OEM-STOCK-Radio-WIRE-HARNESS-PLUG-1988-2005-/110703596756?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c672d4d4&vxp=mtr

Back