• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Using gas with no Ethanol

I use it for everything. Anything that holds gas. Cleaner and better mileage.

I use ethanol free in everything but my AV.  Problem is all I can find is premium 91-93 octane and I don't see the benefit in a vehicle that a tank does not last more than a week or two.

2013avalanche said:
gas station nearby sells gas with no ethanol-would you use this for 2013 Avalanche?

It's preferred for fuel economy reasons. So if the pricing is close, yes. If the cost premium is high, don't bother.

Ethanol in Fuel SUCKS..

all my gas cans and the area where I store them in garage have MOLD growing from the alcohol fumes or soemthing.

Even on my cars.. after a while you get black mold around fill door.

Lawn power equipment hate it too as it attracts water and has less energy so they run for CRAP.

So nowI spend a fortune on Stabil and other fuel additive products to help withmoisture and stop the corrosive effects of the ethonal.

Stupid government subsidies....ARGggggggggggg

you can go to this website to see if any local gas stations sell ethanol free gas.
http://pure-gas.org/

ltxi said:
It's preferred for fuel economy reasons. So if the pricing is close, yes. If the cost premium is high, don't bother.
X2

Here in Oregon we have 10% Ethanol year round for the past few years.
There are a few stations that sell premium 91 octane for off road/ATV usage. I found one that would pump into your vehicle.  >:D Started using it in the AVY better performance and MPG?s then started to throw codes  ??? went back and forth codes go away with the SH## fuel then back after a few tanks of the good stuff.  :E: Can?t remember what codes were thrown when using the good fuel.
Met up with superwagon he put a premium HP Tune on my AVY  (y) for a follow up. Told him about the codes, told me it was the tune he put on. He tuned it for the ethanol and running the Good Fuel if I remember it would run to rich.  :( So back to running the SH## FUEL,  :9: if it was more available I would pay the price and change the tune. 

I have a couple straight gas places I buy from when running cross country during the summer. My properly Nelson tuned Av runs fine on it.

Ten percent ethanol fuel hurts nothing but mileage in anything, lawnmowers, snowblowers, etc included, built in the last quarter century or more. As a bonus or consolation.....when was the last time anyone felt the need to use Dri Gas during the winter?  

ygmn said:
Ethanol in Fuel SUCKS..

Did a full ethanol fill up a few times and even though the AV ran like a dream (never mind the exhaust smelling like popcorn), in the long run my fuel filter couldn't handle it.  Had to have it replaced with less than 20K on the AV.  Flex Fuel my *ss.

ltxi said:
I have a couple straight gas places I buy from when running cross country during the summer. My properly Nelson tuned Av runs fine on it.

Ten percent ethanol fuel hurts nothing but mileage in anything, lawnmowers, snowblowers, etc included, built in the last quarter century or more. As a bonus or consolation.....when was the last time anyone felt the need to use Dri Gas during the winter?  

It does hurt motorcycle fuel tanks and fuel injected bikes. I've seen 1st hand the effects of ethanol on the tanks and carbs. A PITA.

montoya32 said:
It does hurt motorcycle fuel tanks and fuel injected bikes. I've seen 1st hand the effects of ethanol on the tanks and carbs. A PITA.

Don't know why bikes would be different from other 4-strokes but, having been out of bikes for 20 years, I'll defer on them.

Back