• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Newby looking for Repair Manual

thirstbuster

Hi All

I just bought my first Avalanche on the weekend.  Its out of town and needed the seats repaired, so I won't get it until next weekend.  In the meantime.. its a 2008 LTZ with 120,000 km (74,500 mi) on it, and in nearly perfect condition.  I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada.  We have snow for 4 months a year, hit extremes from -50C (thankfully not that often) to +35C, and when the snow melts, the roads can be coffee-spilling-teeth-chipping awful.  This is my first 4x4, and I am REALLY looking forward to not getting stuck every year, and hopefully not rattling my vehicle loose.

Thanks to all who have contributed here.  I really have learned a lot, and will continue to surf around this forum and keep learning - hopefully one day I will be able to contribute as wel!

In the meantime, I would like to find a Haynes style repair manual online for it.. does anyone have a source?  I am willing to purchase it as well, but I prefer digital.

Thanks all!!

If your looking for the repair manuals that the Dealers use, than you need to go to Helminc.com for them. I found mine on ebay, there is 6 books in all.  They do have it as a digital download or CD if I remember.  (y)  

You can look on Ebay or Amazon. There is a DVD available but I would suggest installing it on an virtual host if you can since I had issues with it conflicting with software on my computer.

Rodney

I went with the latest one from Helm Inc it has the service Instructions for all GM Cars and Trucks from 1998 - 2013 and a little of the 2014s.  VACDSI201301. It's on a thumb drive and yes use vmware.

Humm I paid 250.00 2 weeks ago. I guess the price went up. I did have the DVD that went up to 2009 I think that cost 400.00

Back