• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

adding tranny temp gauge to 2004 z71 w/ towing package-HELP PLEASE

rrrouse

I have read lots of older posts about adding a stepper motor, needle, and overlay and 50/50 if it will work right off or need reprogramming.  Today I added the stepper motor and needle.  It doesn't even seem to power up. All the other needles peg downward on startup then go to wherever they should be, but this one never moves.  I am sure I installed it correctly.  I replaced several other stepper motors and they all work fine.

Questions:  Will it not even register like this if it needs programming?  Will programming fix it?  I have called several dealers around my area last week to find out about getting it programmed and they all say it can't be done.  Can anyone suggest a dealer that knows how and maybe I can get my dealer to call them and learn now?  I am in south Alabama.

Thanks in advance!!

This has been discussed many times on here. I myself have done the same thing to my '04 with the same result. It has to be programmed in the cluster to function. The wiring is all there. Just needs programmed. I called Digital Dash Solutions and spoke with the guy in charge about this issue on mine.

Back