• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2002-Z71 Heater Blower

lerd65

:help:Hello all,  I have been having a problem with my heater in my AV.  I've been to the garage I usually go to but they are now suggesting I go to a dealership.  My heater stopped blowing air out over a week a go.  I've been back and forth to the shop because it's work then stops working.  They have replaced the blower fan (PN de35143), blower control module ( PN bw16250785) ,and HVAC control assembly(PN 15126603).   I will have to do as they have suggested next week unless someone has a suggestion which I don't really want to because of cost, already $730.

BUMP.... I will PM MS03 and see if he has the parts list and/or a drawing that can help....

ok thanks for any help.                                                                 

OK while I look it up, do you know if  they checked the fuses.

Attachments

• 02hvac1.png
    02hvac1.png
    30 KB · Views: 109
If you have the manual controls this is what you have to look at.

Attachments

• 02hvacman.png
    02hvacman.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 114
Ya the fuses are good.  Also, heres some more info. 
-The fan either works or it doesn't at times.
- It doesn't matter what speed the fan is set at
- It doesn't matter what temperature it is outside e.g 0 or 20 degrees
- engine is at normal running temp
- I've jiggles all the wires to no resolve

which system do you have the auto or manual system.

PS this is only for 02s, 03 up are different

Manual, I believe.  Has the knobs that turn,not digital. although it does have a knob to set the temperature. 

I tried posting a pic of it, but can't figure how to even hitting the icon???

You do not have enough posts to be able to do pictures hosted here yet. If you can host it elsewhere you can link them here.....

Do you have this: "Manual"
Manual.JPG

Or this: "Automatic"
Auto1.JPG

The manual system is pretty simple, the only other thing I can think of is the ground (G200) it's by the right A pillar

Attachments

• g200.png
    g200.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 81
That's a different story the Auto system are interfaced with the GM Lan so it's needs to be scaned by a Tech 2 to figure out what is wrong.

That figures.... Well thank ALL of you for all your help.  I guess I'll have to take it in then.

Update.  Well i took my truck into a local dealership tuesday to have look at the problem.  They said becuz the previous shop replaced the blower fan with an after market fan it was drawing 2 amps more then it normally should and that was causing the blower control module, aka resistor i believe, to blow out.  Went to pick up my truck that afternoon and as i was pulling out i noticed it was kinda quiet,  blower fan was still not working. Made a U-Turn right back in the service shop.  Had to leave my truck there so they could figure it out.  Got a loaner but just so happened we got hit with another snow storm that night and had to drive around missing my 4x4.  They called me up the next day and said they found a short and fixed it.  (heard that one b4 ).  Initially the dealer replaced my blower fan and resistor costing me another $590ish,  they then fixed the short and put back the old parts and gave me a refund of $340. All in all it's been a hassle but hopefully my heater will keep working now.  Hope this helps someone with similar problem.

Glad you got fixed finally.

Back