• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Corsa touring

Bassman Z71

Lots of talk on Corsa Sport and little on Touring system. Looking at touring, but I hear it is close to stock and little difference. Comments on this statement? You tube does not provide enough clarity in sound.

Scroll down and click on Avalanche. This should answer your questions.

http://www.corsaperformance.com/sounds.aspx

From the systems I've heard in person it's closer to the stock NNBS Yukon XL / Escalade exhaust, probably a little louder at idle, and definitely more throaty under acceleration

The NNBS Yukon XL denali and the escalades that have the 6.2 sound pretty good. Nice little rumble and growl at idle and a little throaty when you get on it. It sounds nice man

im afraid to go Touring and be disappointed..

spending $800 on an exhaust, I want it to sound different than stock..

think im buying the SPORT this week. cant find videos of a 6.0 avalanche with the sport, but the denalis and slades sound good..

I have the touring and I like it.

I think guys want to buy an Exhaust that sounds great while they sit in the sealed cab playing the stereo. Meanwhile you are awaking sleeping children as you meander down the street. To fully assess your exhaust you need to hear it from outside. Second best roll down your rear window and listen. I know mine sounds just right. It makes plenty of noise when you stand on it. 

can installation be done in my garage??

worried about access and breaking free the old exhaust. I currently don't have any air tools or access to a lift to make the job a lot easier..

thinking ill prolly have mine installed by local shop..

buddy put a corsa on his G8 GT and the bolts sent with the system weren't long enough, had to take it to a shop anyhow to finish the install..

Both times I had a shop install my Corsa CAT back systems they said it was the easiest install they ever did. Took about 30 minutes and the hardest part was cutting off the old system. Corsa went on quickly and no other parts, cutting or welding was needed to install. They were done at a small independent shop not a big muffler chain and they charged about $75 to install.
On some of the old threads some members have installed the Corsa themselves and said the removal of stock system was the hardest part, otherwise it could be done at home without a lift.

Vaeagleav said:
Both times I had a shop install my Corsa CAT back systems they said it was the easiest install they ever did. Took about 30 minutes and the hardest part was cutting off the old system. Corsa went on quickly and no other parts, cutting or welding was needed to install. They were done at a small independent shop not a big muffler chain and they charged about $75 to install.
On some of the old threads some members have installed the Corsa themselves and said the removal of stock system was the hardest part, otherwise it could be done at home without a lift.

appreciate the info..i have no doubts getting the new system on would be easy..but getting the old on off def seems to be the toughest part. if that $75 was with them disposing of the old system, doesn't sound bad. thanks!

I ordered the sport for my truck..if its too loud theres always the classifieds here,. (y)

Bassman Z71 said:
Thanks, let us know how it goes and how you like the sound when you install.

Excited about the install. Ill let ya know how it turns out..

bassman i was in mississauga yesterday!  your a day late on your post  :beating:

i have a corsa sport!  (y)

Rats... too bad. Maybe next time. Still thinking of the Touring, but would like to get up close to both them for comparison. Thinking of Corsa CAI too, just for fun - matching set  :cool:

Bassman Z71 said:
AVYLTZTN08

Anything yet?

Yes unfortunately...my truck sounds like a beater...
long story short, two studs are the only things keeping me from installing this myself. the first stud snapped off, on the second one the welds let loose, so the nut just spins in place...im a dremmel tool and a saw away from being able to finish the job..

the trucks going to the shop in the morning. I need more tools! :E:

Bassman Z71 said:
Sorry to hear that. Big moment and that happens, what a let down. The shop should get you back on track...good luck.

exhaust is on!! not only do the twin polished tips look great out the side, but the truck sounds great. guys at the shop liked it a lot. first corsa he has installed. they carry flowmaster and magnaflow..

best part, they only charged me $50!!! got rid of garbage and the old system too. very happy.  :love: :B:ill post pics and try to post sound clip. very little drone, nice rumble at idle, and a nice loud growl at higher rpms. its perfect, loud when I want and quiet when need be..would of prolly been a little disappointed with touring..

To be honest, I was a bit disappointed when I heard the Touring for the first time, but it grew on me.  I'm more conservative than most, so I think Sport is generally the best choice for most people.  If you are running boost, like me, Touring is an option.

heres a quick video of the outcome. not the best quality, but a decent idea of what the truck sounds like. the 6.0 sounds good with the intake and now exhaust singing in harmony. now to watch the gas mileage go down!! :cry:

JohnnieMo said:
I could hear your airbag compressor kick in at the end ;)

yea I was surprised how well you could hear the running board lowering opening the door and the compressor at the end..

Fed-ex dropped off the Corsa Sport system today, getting it installed on Friday.  Definitely excited to hear the difference, I miss the rumble of my TrailBlazer SS.  Hoping this will remind me of that, even if the Av isn't as quick, it is a still a lot of fun.

Sounds great, the dual tips look a lot better than the chevy chrome tip.  And no annoying drone at speed. Probably won't see any mpg improvement because the sound is too fun.  Got a good price at AutoAnything.com.

Back