• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

EXT...No AUX imput?

ScarabChris

I know guys, this is not the EXT zone, but the EXT forum looks dead. So please let me ask here as I know the audio systems are pretty much the same.

I just traded my 2007 Avalanche LTZ for a 2008 Escalade EXT. My Avi had the Bose/NAV/DVD sytem in it along with the AUX jack input right next to the screen/

The Escalade does not have the ceiling mounted DVD screen. I don't really care as I never used it in the Avi, it still had the plastic on the screen. But it did have the AUX jack so I could plug in my iPod.

Why in the heck would the Escalade which is newer not have the AUX input? How are people using their iPods? Or does GM expect people that pay extra for the Escalade to listen to the excruciating commercials on FM radio or pay for XM radio?

For some stupid reason GM left out the aux input for front input on the Escalades regardless of year.

:E: :E: Why would they do that?

The truck does have the AUX input on the read A/V controls. Is there a way to plug the iPod in the rear and hear it on the truck's sound system?

If the rear has the 3 composite inputs (red, white, yellow) you could probably hook into that. But I think that only comes with the rear DVD system. Otherwise the two rear jacks are just standard headphone out. The only other ideas I can think of is to use an FM in-car transmitter or get a 3rd party wiring setup that gets installed but I'm not too familiar with those to help on that. Wish I could give a better answer...  :cautious:

Yes the rear audio has the 3 RCA inputs. But you know what I like the FM modulator idea better. I can't believe I didn't think of that. Those things have been around for years.

if you cant get good reception with the fm transmitter they make a cord with a red/white on one end and a 3.5mm on the other  (y)

Back