• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2003 Ava left side of sunroof stuck open

sburktt

You guys have helped me in the past, so I'll try again.  Today I had the sunroof open in the vent position (back half up). When I closed it, the left side stayed open while the right side closed all the way. My question is, does each side of the sunroof have different motors, because i could only find one.  I'm kind of clueless, I've check the the track and it doesn't seem to be damaged.... Started to get dark and raining so i had to call it quits for the night.  Thanks, for any input on what to check!!!

Steve B

Never read of that issue on here before...

Hmmm you checked linkage and made sure nothing blocking it right?

Yes, the track was check no damage found, what is happening (looking from the back) the driver side of the sunroof is staying up and the passanger side will lower to the closed position.  No, the window is not cracked or broken thank god!!! But I got it fixed, I took out the glass by removing the for screws and disassembled the drivers side track, cleaned everything thing up and it's work for now.... what fixed it i don't know for sure, nothing stuck out to be the problem.  Thanks for all input!!

Back