• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Setup WD Hitch with Auto Leveling LTZ '13

Cmerkert

How do you all set up you rig as far as weight distribution hitch and the auto leveling.  Manual say to legit level and measure the front wheel well.  My hitch guy said that would then cause hitch setup yo nose up the camper and put more weight on the trailer axles than what the hitch manual calls for.  He wanted to measure at the hitch.

Does the auto leveling fight the WD and Anti Sway then driving?  What are your experiences?

I was told to hook it up, let the auto level do its thing, then turn the truck off and adjust the wd bars. It sounds backwards to me, but that's what I was told.

I have a 2013 ltz also and use a Equalizer Hitch for a 6000# trailer.  I first tried it with the air suspension on and got the ball height and measurements at the wheel wells right.  After driving a couple of thousand miles, the trailer was to squirrely for me.  I called Egualizer and they said turn off the truck to disable the air suspension before hooking up the trailer and do it again.  This required me to adjust the hitch for one more bar adjustment of tension to get the wheel well heights correct.  Now the rig sits almost level without the air suspension and tows a lot better.  By the way, my hitch has to be replaced.  The hitch pin hole egged out and the 2" receiver has worn to the point that there's too much slop.  The dealer said get it fixed and we'll pay the bill.

Back