• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Only bad part about the Midwest

Blackcomb

Have not been able to wash the AV since Christmas, these last few weeks have been to darn chilly.
On the positive side, the wife has approved the purchase of the color matched sail panels, just need to save the money now.

I feel your pain, mine is back to road grime metallic.

I managed to sneak Avy#3 in to the body shop today. Hosed it off with warm water and then went to lunch with the owner to let it dry. Looks a heckuva lot better. (y)

I talked to my brother last night, next Saturday I might be able to sneak mine in for a good wash and dry at his shop, hehe.

Feel your pain, haven't seen temps over freezing in 2+ weeks and the truck hasn't been washed in 2+ months!

We really beat the hell out of these trucks in the winter and they just keep come back asking for more...and they don't even seem to mind the new color they wear, road salt gray

Ya'll are just doing it wrong. My '04 is tucked away in the garage next to my harley until the salt is off the roads. I just had to buy another one for a winter beater.  >:D

ohiobellboy said:
Ya'll are just doing it wrong. My '04 is tucked away in the garage next to my harley until the salt is off the roads. I just had to buy another one for a winter beater.  >:D
I knew there was a trick

My Av is my year-round beater  :B:  Winter-beating 4WD goodness when it snows and panels-off, mid-gate down goodness in the warm

I would have it washed but it's 10 degrees maybe I'll get it done thursday it will be a balmy 28 degrees.

IMG_20140128_153222_980_zpsvg40tprj.jpg

MS03 2500 said:
I would have it washed but it's 10 degrees maybe I'll get it done thursday it will be a balmy 28 degrees.

IMG_20140128_153222_980_zpsvg40tprj.jpg
I might be putting on the shorts and cleaning the truck Thursday then.

14 here today they are saying 41 tomorrow and then back in the low 20's Thursday with rain and snow all week  :E:

Sorry guys, here in Baja Calif., just a few miles North of Ensenada, it's 52 right now.  Going to be mid-60s tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'll probably take the Avalanche to the local car wash guys, and watch them work.

I broke down today and finally got the truck washed it's back to 2 tone. Too bad we are getting 4-6 inches of snow.

rgbeard said:
Sorry guys, here in Baja Calif., just a few miles North of Ensenada, it's 52 right now.  Going to be mid-60s tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'll probably take the Avalanche to the local car wash guys, and watch them work.

Also my plan, hit the car wash tomorrow morning and do RR on the plastics after that; supposed to be high 50s here.  Should have done it a week or so ago when it was low 70s :beating:.  And all of you in the cold, just remember when you are enjoying your 80-90 degree summer days...it will be 115 here :needhug:.

Back