• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Cruise Control works intermittently

mumaluke

I am having the strangest problem with my cruise, it is only working intermittently.  It seems as though it will not work when the truck is cold, but once it warms up, it starts working.

Example ? Yesterday I started driving home from work, it didn?t work for the first 10 minutes or so. I tried it again and it started to work. This morning, same thing, it didn?t work when I first go going, but after about 10 minutes of driving, it works.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? It has been up to the dealer 4 times for this, the last time they said they replaced the brake switch (not sure if they really did).
Thanks for any help!!

My suggestion was going to be replace the brake light switch.

There are several posts on this forum discussing this issue and the brake light switch often comes up as a fix.

But since they claim to have already done that, I'm not sure what to tell you at this point.

Good luck and let us know what you find out.

???

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,141687.msg2055409.html#msg2055409

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,129407.0.html

Thanks guys - I am thinking they did not replace the brake switch. They keep telling me it works for them everytime they use it. So I took some video of it not working and sent it to the dealer. Maybe this time they will replace the switch.

I will keep you posted. Thanks for the help, I love this site!!  (y)

I didn't even replace or mod mine. I just kicked the brake pedal a bunch of times and let the pedal fly back up on its own. Been fine since, going on a couple months now no problem.

I've replaced two brake petal position sensors and my cruise still works whenever it wants, which isn't very often. Any suggestions?

Mumaluke, you don't say what year AV,  double check the junction box under the rear quarter panel to insure there is no corrosion at that point, if your brake lights are not functioning properly the cruise will not work.

Also for Jsmitty53

Didit

Back