• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

09 speaker blown!! HELP!!

09chevyavy

Okay so I am pretty sure my drivers side rear speaker is out. I tried several songs and nothing, the others work fine but that speaker just isnt putting out any sound. So, I am gonna look into replacing them all.
I know they take a 6.75 speaker. Has anyone switched them and can guide me? also, which does everybody suggest to replace them. I really love the sound quality and how clear the factory is. But I dont like how if the bass and treble is up, the bass will actually cut into the treble. Also, does anyone have an idea about a sub box that will fit under the back seat to fit an additional 10" sub??

Factory:
6.5" component speakers up front (tweeter separate from woofer)  :cool:
5.5? integrated speakers in rear (tweeter mounted center of woofer) :cool:

You can and should put 6.5" in front and rear. You can use all 4 as 6.5" with the center mounted tweeter. Great deals on epay for sets of 4 speakers.

Check out hifisoundconnnection.com for a single 10" or almost any speaker size box for under the rear seat. None of the boxes they sell will allow the midgate to fold down to full flat, but it's good enough for most people. I have a dual 10" Kicker Comp setup with box and amp from hifisoundconnection and for the price it is a good setup. You will want to add more caulking to seal up the inside seams of the box when you get it before mounting up the woofers.

blu_fuz said:
Factory:
6.5" component speakers up front (tweeter separate from woofer)  :cool:
5.5? integrated speakers in rear (tweeter mounted center of woofer) :cool:

You can and should put 6.5" in front and rear. You can use all 4 as 6.5" with the center mounted tweeter. Great deals on epay for sets of 4 speakers.

Check out hifisoundconnnection.com for a single 10" or almost any speaker size box for under the rear seat. None of the boxes they sell will allow the midgate to fold down to full flat, but it's good enough for most people. I have a dual 10" Kicker Comp setup with box and amp from hifisoundconnection and for the price it is a good setup. You will want to add more caulking to seal up the inside seams of the box when you get it before mounting up the woofers.

I was also going to swap in a screen from a buddy and maybe swap the tweeters in the A pillars. Any suggestions?

Also, what am I looking at as far as which type of speaker? Like I said I want something that still has some bass to it but doesnt cut out the high

Check out my post just above yours:
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,142131.0.html

You can get more powerful speakers but if you are looking for any kind of real bass you will need to add an amp and sub. The Alpines are really priced well and you can get a set of 4 for under approx. $80 shipped.

I'm waiting for a speaker guru to answer my questions before I go ahead and buy mine but I'm sure just getting the speakers with the center tweeter will work good and be able to be louder and more bass than the factory speakers.

blu_fuz said:
Check out my post just above yours:
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,142131.0.html

You can get more powerful speakers but if you are looking for any kind of real bass you will need to add an amp and sub. The Alpines are really priced well and you can get a set of 4 for under approx. $80 shipped.

I'm waiting for a speaker guru to answer my questions before I go ahead and buy mine but I'm sure just getting the speakers with the center tweeter will work good and be able to be louder and more bass than the factory speakers.

Okay thanks man, yeah I just want a little more bass is all and I would just maybe do something as well for the highs. I have a buddy that is gonna order it all for me and he is my personal speaker guru so he is gonna guide me that way

I got this amplified sub....it works for me, but I'm not a rapper....lol

I really needed to have full use of my bed and have the midgate lay flat.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777B8PTD/Sound-Ordnance-B-8PTD.html?tp=114

Back