• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Alpine X009 2014 (or who needs a 2014 to get a 9 inch super stereo!)

Well I was looking at getting the 8" Alpine INE-Z928HD head unit (around $1,000). But after seeing this post looks like I'll be waiting... I"m sure this thing will have at least a $2,500 price tag. Guess I better start working some OT!  :cry:

According to a Canadian Alpine rep, they will begin shipping at the end of this month!!  (y) (June 2014) in the U.S.
Canadians will have to wait a while longer as they will have to go thru Canada Customs Inspections
(even though will be sitting in the Alpine warehouse in Markham!)  :E:

MSRP should be right around $1899. U.S. and rumors of a $1600 selling point are floating around.

As for the dash kit pricing, just remember all Alpine "Perfect Fit" dash kits include all the necessary adapters to retain steering wheel controls, door chime, and other OEM features. So it really isn't too crazy considering what you get.

Also the dash bezel for the 9" includes all the control buttons on it.

Click the image below for a brief video.

Douglas. Go be the guinea pig on this.  Maybe this thing will also solve my dual backup camera problem too.

JohnnieMo,

Dual backup camera problem?

Do you have the OEM Bose head unit?

As for the X009... I'm still drooling looking at the picture  

I wonder if Alpine would be interested in making a deal with CAFCNA members since this unit is made for our vehicles  >:D

I have the stock nav system with bose. Also have a lockpick. I'm trying to run a backup camera on my boat trailer but the stock camera overrides the lockpick when you enter reverse. So I need to disable the stock cam when the trailer is connected.

Well I just checked the Alpine website and it has the unit listed at $3,000.00  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Guess it's time to start working overtime  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

$3000 and I still need to buy a SiriusXM piggyback unit and the back up camera unit.
I'd be all over this if it was a more realistic $1800-$2200, but for $3000, they can keep it.

Crutchfield shows it for $2499. Now in stock.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_500X009GM/Alpine-X009-GM.html?showAll=N&search=Alpine_X009&skipvs=T

I wonder if that includes the GM kit.  It doesn't say either way.  I would assume it's included.

I'll wait till someone else is the guinea pig.  I'm fussy with electronics and spending $2500 to be disappointed wouldn't make me too happy.  However, the nav system is the only thing in my truck that makes it feel dated.  Otherwise, the rest of the truck occurs to me as new :)

JohnnieMo said:
I wonder if that includes the GM kit.  It doesn't say either way.  I would assume it's included.

I'll wait till someone else is the guinea pig.  I'm fussy with electronics and spending $2500 to be disappointed wouldn't make me too happy.  However, the nav system is the only thing in my truck that makes it feel dated.  Otherwise, the rest of the truck occurs to me as new :)

It does include the GM kit. Look at the model number X009-GM  <-----GM version
Says it comes with everything needed and is a simple plug and play.

Come on JohnnieMo, you know you want to be the guinea pig. DO IT DO IT DO IT  >:D

What's In The Box?

Alpine X009-GM:
Navigation receiver (map card pre-installed)
Aux/pre-out harness
Camera harness
GPS antenna (w/ attached 11.5' cable)
5' USB extension cable
Self-adhesive magnetic mount
3 Cable-clips
Eight M8 screws
Self-adhesive foam strip
Owner's Manual on CD-ROM
Audio/Video Quick Reference Guide
Navigation Quick Reference Guide
Alpine Registration Card
NAVTEQ Registration Card
Alpine GTX-009-GM Kit:
Dash kit
2 Key harnesses
2 Mounting brackets
Rear-support bracket
12 Mounting screws
M8 machine screw
Self-adhesive rubber strip Cutout Template
Installation Instructions
iDataLink ADS-MRR Maestro:
Radio replacement interface module
Main harness
Navigation adapter
2 Bose adapter harnesses
RSE AV harness
Camera harness
Chime speaker
7" miniUSB-to-USB cable

Explorer2191 said:
Come on JohnnieMo, you know you want to be the guinea pig. DO IT DO IT DO IT  >:D

JohnnieMo you won't be disappointed, and any authorized Alpine installer will have no problem getting your trailer cam to work with it when you have it connected.
As I mentioned before a simple diode/relay pack and a switch would override the factory backup cam and activate the trailer cam as necessary.

So my stock satellite reciever wouldn't work? I'll have to buy there's? So I'll have to microphones one for onstar and one for alpine? The phone on the steering wheel is that our will it work alpine or just the onstar?

There's a lot of ways I can spend $2500.... and I'm not sure this one is the best.  You can go with the smaller 8" or even the new 7" Kenwood's look like they have their bugs sorted out.  As cool as this one is, I'll wait a bit for the price to come down at least. 

As for my backup camera, I know what I'm planning to do there, but I just need the time.  I'm going to disable the stock camera whenever the trailer is connected.  I have all the parts, I just need to sedate my fiance for about 6 hours so that I can pull the truck apart and put it back together again without her knowing.

I just get the 8 inch installed and they bring out the 9.....grrrrrr

Wasn't gonna spend 2500 anyway.

Was pretty excited about this until I sat in my drivers seat and laid it out today.  When in drive, the gear selector handle will be blocking a significant portion of the screen.
Do any of you notice this with your in dash screens now?
I'm 6'8" tall and can't exactly adjust my driving position to give a full view. Not sure if I'm ready to ditch my 7 1/4" flip up for this unit.
D.O. (or anyone in Pittsburgh or State College who has an in dash monitor that isn't a flip up) next time we gtg I need to sit in you drivers seat and get a line of sight to see if I'm going to commit to this or not.

Calicak89 said:
Was pretty excited about this until I sat in my drivers seat and laid it out today.  When in drive, the gear selector handle will be blocking a significant portion of the screen.
Do any of you notice this with your in dash screens now?
I'm 6'8" tall and can't exactly adjust my driving position to give a full view. Not sure if I'm ready to ditch my 7 1/4" flip up for this unit.
D.O. (or anyone in Pittsburgh or State College who has an in dash monitor that isn't a flip up) next time we gtg I need to sit in you drivers seat and get a line of sight to see if I'm going to commit to this or not.

Wow that's crazy... I was just thinking that yesterday.

I am 6'1" and the way I sit, my gear selector will cover over half of the screen when it's in drive. I would have to lean over every time I would have to look at the screen.  :8:

My stock screen just clears the shift lever. A bigger screen would get blocked slightly. I don't think it would bother me a Lot. I'm 6'2".

JohnnieMo said:
My stock screen just clears the shift lever. A bigger screen would get blocked slightly. I don't think it would bother me a Lot. I'm 6'2".

Sweet! Now go buy it, install it, and tell us how it is.

Come on, you know you want to!  >:D

Go for it Johnnie!!!

When the wife says "Gimme 9 inches and make it hurt"...
just point to the new Alpine and tell her how much you paid for it!!!

Back