• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Interior door handle

Rewind

The chrome is peeling off of the interior door handles of my '07 Avy.

1st question...........I've seen on here that there was a recall on these. I just bought this truck Dec 26th, do you think
a dealer would cover these under warranty?

2nd question...........As I've searched for replacements I see two different trim colors, ebony and cashmere. My truck has a black interior so would I need the ebony colored one?

Thanks for any help y'all can give me on this.

Dealerships may still be willing to replace the handles. I would check and see if they will. Only a certain selection of vehicles fell under the recall (oddly mine never did so they didn't want to do it). However, if you end up having to replace them yourself don't make the same mistake I did buying the handle assembly. There's a kit that provides literally the handle. The part number is 19299865. It comes as a pair so you'll need two kits to do all four doors.

When I got the new handles (replaced mine back in 2011) they were many times better made and didn't have the same sharp edge that caused the flaking issue. So far I haven't seen any issues with them.

I checked with a dealer and low and behold I'm getting all 4 handles replaced under the recall as long as you are under 100K miles.  luckily I'm at 73K!

I just had mine done at the local dealership, only found out when running a diagnostic via onStar. The warranty is a 'special' warranty that runs for 10yrs or 100k mile according to my paperwork. Swapped out all four after my wife cut her finger!

what all did you need to do to get this done? I just bought an 08 and have the same problem with the door handles. What dealer would I go to?

If you have onstar you can log on to your warranty and check via your vin. It's classed as a 'special warranty' and is 100k or 8 years I think. Just had all mine done at the local dealer, a big improvement.

Back