• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Diablo v. HPP3

rickd2000

Charter Member
OK guys, I have scoured the boards here to try and differentiate between the two programmers and basically have only come up with the fact that the Diablo can have tuning programs sent from DiabloSport (or other places) that can modify the program on the tuner.

Other than that am I missing something? Is one really better than the other one. I noticed that the HPP3 is more "set it and forget it" while the Diablo will allow you to change things up a little more to yor liking. With that said, is there any compelling reason to go with one over the other? Better performance? More speed? Better mileage?

I like the Diablo, but if the HPP3 will give the same results, I would rather spend $100 less.

Any other info before I make a purchase would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
--Rickd2000

The Diablo will allow you to modify the tow haul mode were the HPP3 does not! Essentially the features are the same. The Diablo though will allow you to fine tune it much more. The HPP3 will also allow you to run on Premium and Mid grade gas, the Diablo is premium only. You should do a search and read all of the posts that are all ready out there on these as it is discussed.

Wvusquatch

IMHO, Predator kicks butt!! It is much more of a tool than the HPIII which is just a flasher. The Predator will allow you to not only fine tune many of the settings to your needs, it also functions as a diagnostic tool allowing the user to access real timing engnine stats. The Predator will also allow you to view and clear trouble codes.

I purchased the Diablo based on the amount of others on this board that have one and prase it as well as the ability to tweek the settings and recv. updates from the mfg. Just like any computer in a month or two something better is out, so why get stuck having to use an "old" or "buggy" program if you don't have to. P.S. I work in the software industry and there is no such thing as a program without bugs, period! I hve found that if a mfg can provide a update like the Diablo can. The users will drive them to make improvements... Just like Moding the Av.

So Far I am very happy, and as far as the 93 Octane only, well I have used it all 93,89,87 and from the seat dyno. It all works good, Never a knock,ping,etc.. For the most part I burn 89 during the week for to/from work driving and Friday I fill 93 to experience "happy seat"

IMO: If you want to be limited buy HPP3 or a couple of the other programmers listed out there. If you want performance that can be tuned to your liking and not someone else's go Diablo. >:D

I am very impressed with the response of this company both in shipping and support of the product.
http://www.runninwiththedevil.com/predator.htm

Back