• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Will this stereo fit in my 02?

First, welcome to the site!
I can't answer the question on that specific model  but you may want to contact the service/tech support at www.crutchfield.com they will work with you and can get you the right head unit, amp, speakers and wiring adapters needed for your AV. Especially if you are trying to keep all functions like chimes and steering wheel controls etc.

The radio looks like a standard double din, however I believe that the 2002 dash is set up for a 1 1/2 din. Do a search on this site. I believe you will need the dash trim for a 2003-2005, maybe newer will work, and you need the inner radio bracket piece also.

Yep, won't fit, they need to do some cutting or for you to get a 2003 face plate. I had it done on my 2002 but I had them cut into the dash. good luck bud..

With a little modification it will fit. There are threads in here that show how and /or go to you tube and find it there, search 2002 double din mod or conversion.. Basically you get a radio bucket and bezel from a 03-06 and do a little trimming. If you have fabricating skills it's not that tough, maybe a 5 on a 1 -10 scale..

Good luck

Randy

03 and up have the double din.. The mods pretty easy, the hardest part is finding the radio bucket in the junk yard.. You can the bezel on line at any GM Parts supplier..

I'm going to call around for parts tomorrow morning, so what exactly do I need? Do I need an 03-06 Avalanche radio bucket? Or can it be off a Silverado or Tahoe? Same with the bezel?

Any 03-06 Chevy/GMC truck, AV, Burb, Yukon etc. The bezel needs to be the right color for you AV so it might be a little harder to find at the junk yard and may not be in the best condition, that's why I got mine new on line so it was easy to order the right color..

Back