• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Yellow Avs for sale?

Apocalanche

I've been searching for awhile for a Yellow Avalanche - with no luck. I found a Yellow '02 (non-oem color (pastel bananna yellow ... )) - but that is the ONLY one I could find in the continental US.

You guys see any Yellow (1st Gen ['03 - '06]) ones for sale very often?

My '02 Z71 (w/ 170,xxx miles) is worth about $6K and to turn the putred silver (pewter) to yellow will cost me ~$6K.
The motor is not bad, but it's not as strong as I would like/should be - so looking at another $2K - $4k to re/build another motor.

I'm looking at spending $8K to $10K to make this Avi the way I want. It just seems cheaper to buy a yellow one versus modding this one - I just don't know how often the yellow ones come up for sale.

Have you looked into of vinyl wrap just a few search on here there are more.
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,134469.0.html
This the first time I saw his wrapped avalanche it is white I had to keep opening the door. He is toward the end old post most pics are gone. http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,116856.0/all.html
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,134172.0.html

I got a few quotes on wrapping it - cheapest one being $2500 to $3K - with the forewarning I will need to redo it in ~3 years ...

I use to have a wrapped Jeep - it was a royal PITA - couldn't just 'run though a wash' anymore - no ice scrapers on the windows, slight fading of select colors, people picking at it ...
Additionally, it had my business logo all over it - so I had to keep the system down and my road-rage in check.

My wife reminded me tonight that I use to paint heavy machinery (Caterpillars) and asked why I didn't use that paint ... Hit me like a ton of bricks!! Cat paint is absolutely awesome!! You can bounce hammers off that stuff without it chipping!! Plus it's flexible enough to not chip if you get a dent!

I'll probably end up doing it myself. $6K down to less than $500! As a bonus - it'll take more than tree limbs and fingernails to scratch it!

Cat yellow and a set of these there even yellow to match.
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/contact/index.html
You would be ready for the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE

After a lil bit in photoshop, this is what an avalanche will look like in Cat yellow.
I color sampled a couple of OEM avalanches - in what I believe are natural light without camera filters, as well as a couple of Cats I painted a number of years back. I must say, the yellows are very very similar!

The big one in the middle is the one I photoshopped Cat yellow.
eKgWIq

Hey OTT AV, that's my AV at the top of the pics u posted :B:, I might be willing to sale it :cool: I almost have 38,000 miles on it. You looking for 2 or 4 wd?

Good luck to you.
They are hard to come by for sure.
Even I would be interested in the one dman has.

they are hard to come by... the cat yellow is a bit different from the 03 yellow ^bottom left was mine before i did anything to it... they only made them in 03 so narrow your search to that..  (y)

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Chevrolet/Avalanche/Gillette+WY-82718?endYear=2014&extColorsSimple=YELLOW&makeCode1=CHEV&mmt=[CHEV[AVALNCH[]][]]&modelCode1=AVALNCH&searchRadius=0&showcaseOwnerId=68135683&startYear=1981&Log=0&showcaseOwnerId=68135683&captureSearch=true&showToolbar=true&Log=0

@dman - Needs to be 4wd - which bums me out because it looks like you have the 2500 too! (not that I need a 2500, but it would be nice.)

@tonka - awesome find!

The yellows are a bit different - but so is the cost and the setup.
The Cat paint is ~$40 per gallon + the cost of mineral spirits (~$10 ?). It does not need anything else.
The OEM paint is about ~$300 per gallon +  $200-300 for the reducers, activators and hardeners and clear coat.

In my opinion, the Cat paint is more resilient, but, in the long run, may be a higher maintenance. It's an implement paint - where it's understood that the paint will be abused and neglected. The only thing is, it's a synthetic enamel - so it may "chalk" over time. Cat claims "Very resistant to fading, chalking, cracking, and chipping" - but I don't know.

Doing it right the first time will cost ~$600 in material - provided I can find a place to paint it myself - else about $6K for a body shop to do it for me.

The Avy is not a showtruck - so the paint does not have to be 1000% perfect - but at the same time - I don't want to drive a trashcan on wheels!

Love the yellow!

I have nearby neighbor who has one. He ended up painting the cladding and sail panels to match. Looks sweet!

OTT AV said:
@dman - Needs to be 4wd - which bums me out because it looks like you have the 2500 too! (not that I need a 2500, but it would be nice.)

@tonka - awesome find!

The yellows are a bit different - but so is the cost and the setup.
The Cat paint is ~$40 per gallon + the cost of mineral spirits (~$10 ?). It does not need anything else.
The OEM paint is about ~$300 per gallon +  $200-300 for the reducers, activators and hardeners and clear coat.

In my opinion, the Cat paint is more resilient, but, in the long run, may be a higher maintenance. It's an implement paint - where it's understood that the paint will be abused and neglected. The only thing is, it's a synthetic enamel - so it may "chalk" over time. Cat claims "Very resistant to fading, chalking, cracking, and chipping" - but I don't know.

Doing it right the first time will cost ~$600 in material - provided I can find a place to paint it myself - else about $6K for a body shop to do it for me.

The Avy is not a showtruck - so the paint does not have to be 1000% perfect - but at the same time - I don't want to drive a trashcan on wheels!
Cat Paint? what a cool idea. That would be one of a kind. The tough paint would match the purpose of this vehicles.... For a few hundred bucks it"s a cheap investment.

Wow!  An eleven-year-old truck with only 86,000 miles!

Did this person only drive to church on every other Sunday?

PerfectReign said:
Wow!  An eleven-year-old truck with only 86,000 miles!

Did this person only drive to church on every other Sunday?
Good question.  I looked at a 2002 last weekend with only 89,000 miles on it.  While it looked good on Craigslist, in person it looked to be suffering from neglect so I am passing.  My sister bought an '04 last year with around 90,000 miles.  I saw it for the first time last night and it's pristine.  She bought it from the same dealer she bought her last two vans from and salesman remembered her.  Anyway, it seems the guy who owned it lost his wife.  In his grieving he got rid of everything that was "theirs".  The Avy fell in that category.  A friend of my sister knows the guy and said what great care he took of it.  Hopefully I find one in as good condition, even if it has higher miles.

Well, I wish you the best!

For reference,  my 2006 is just under 140,000 miles.  In got a Jetta in July with 190,000 miles. I'll probably hit 200k next week.

PerfectReign said:
Well, I wish you the best!

For reference,  my 2006 is just under 140,000 miles.  In got a Jetta in July with 190,000 miles. I'll probably hit 200k next week.
Thanks.  I'm hoping to look at the 89,000 mile one on Saturday.  Guess I'll find out why it's so low miles.  I hope it's better than the others I've been checking out.  Our lowest mileage vehicle has over 90,000 on it now.  Our Suzuki XL7 has around !60,000 and my 325i has about 178,000.  My S-10 Blazer had around 215,000 when I sold it.  Needless to say, high mileage doesn't scare me.

Back