• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Interested in a Bully Dog GT?

RichardsZ71

Ok so i found this and thought i would share. I found a website called promotive.com and it is a website that you become a member of various clubs, such as the Air Force, Army, Law enforcement and way to many others to list. When you are granted access to club member ship you are able to see companies that offer your club discounts. Me being Air Force, bully Dog offered their bully dog gt gas tuner for $293 dollars shipped to your door. With Christmas just around the corner I know what I will be getting. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Hope this made sense/helps.
-RichardsZ71

Good find, I was doing the debate lately I ended out finding a diablo sport intune on amazon for a smidge over 300

yeah, the diablosport tools have the most end-user adjustable parameters available than any others...  complete data logging capabilities and full parameter support..  restore original backup stock tunes at any time and no worries about warranty/dealers... PLUS, you can get CUSTOM TUNING done for the diablo tools, which you can not with the others - you're be stuck with whatever tunes they give you on them...

I just bought the Bully dog GT Tuner today. Is anybody else running this? It looks to be a little more than plug and play. Any tips on the install would be appreciated.

I have one (40415).

It is plug and play - until you want to use it to put a tune on your truck.

Basic install:
  • Plug in the OBD2 to your truck.
  • Plug in the HDMI cable from the black box to the back of the GT Unit.
  • On the black box, move the switch to the "BATT" position.
  • Done.

Once you find a place to mount the GT Unit, and the black box, and route the wire - you can use the barrel plugin to tap into a "Key ON" power circuit. Once that is done, move the switch on the black box to the "Key" position and the unit will power on and off with your ignition key.

Done. All hooked up and installed the performance tune and now my truck won't run. Hmmmmm now what. I put the truck back to stock and it's fine. Engineers at Bully Dog are trying to figure it out. Did anybody else run into this issue?

Anybody had problems with their GT Tuner? I hooked mine up and have tried all the tunes and my truck won't start with any of them installed. I called bully dog and an engineer is looking over the files but it's been 4 days and still nothing back.

Call them back. Be polite but let them know you are frustrated. I spent over an hour on the phone with a tech helping me figure out why after the tune was installed, my traction control and stabilitrack were off. He remotely controlled my computer and downloaded files and changed things until we got everything going. I love mine.

I've not used this to put a tune on the truck. I don't think these tunes will make much of a difference on our trucks. The stats they boast on their website pertain to diesels.

Only thing I use this for, is an "EcoMeter" on my dash. I mostly wanted the fuel flow rate, but trans temp is a bonus ;)

Seems like Spring/Summer won't be here for another millennia or two. As soon as the weather breaks I'll give it a shot and see what mine does.

I'm always polite. He took my info so he could call me back. I was on the phone with them for over an hour, going from computer to truck. I guess I'll sell it and get a different tuner.

Back