• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

amazon deal

jimbo53188

amazon has a killer price on the reese 2-1/2 hitch.....

http://www.amazon.com/Reese-Towpower-45013-Professional-Receiver/dp/B0016KFW1U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385833373&sr=8-1&keywords=45013+reese

Nice find jimbo53188 that's even cheaper than what I paid for mine.

Funny- Amazon thinks this does not fit my 2500 Avalanche. They simply don't have all the applications listed.

Avalon

Even the Reese website says it does not fit the AV, I think it's because you have to trim the rear bumper a bit.

2012-11-06_15-56-02_248_zpscff73380.jpg

I ordered mine believe it or not from Walmart for $250.00 plus $20.00 shipping. It was awhile ago, I just looked and they don't show it anymore but they do show other Reese Titan Class V 2.5" hitches, you may be able to contact them and order one. Maybe not as cheap but you never know...

Randy said:
I ordered mine believe it or not from Walmart for $250.00 plus $20.00 shipping. It was awhile ago, I just looked and they don't show it anymore but they do show other Reese Titan Class V 2.5" hitches, you may be able to contact them and order one. Maybe not as cheap but you never know...

Same hitch mine says Titan also. 45013

how much more weight can these tow compared to the standard 2500 avalanche hitch? cause i know the stock avalanche with 410 gears can tow 12k lbs which is what this one is rated to.  is the only difference the hitch receiver size?

It doesn't mean you can tow more than your AV is rated, but lets just say it's not the weak link in the chain anymore..

You can not tow 12K with a stock hitch it's only a Class 3 hitch.
With a few mods to the suspension you can tow a bee ouch load with weight distribution addon.

But it does cause issues with the front suspension.

My stock hitch had a V-5 rating 12000/1500 if I remember right.. I never maxed it out but it never felt like it was flexing or anything. I think the most I ever had on it was 10,000 lbs..

Mine sure did not have one. I once towed a 8k trailer and you could feel it flexing when taking off.

With the new one you'll feel the difference.

One more thing Randy remember it is has 2 1/2 inch receiver don't use that sleeve adapter it fits too loose if you are using a hitch ball. Get the 45325

45325.jpg

The stock hitch is rated for 12000 with a weight distribution hitch. Only 5000 with a regular hitch. I bent the crap out of my stock hitch when I towed aroud 10000 with it with a regular non weight distribution hitch. Some how i got convinced that it was a good idea to park a skid steer sideways on the front of the trailer so we could put more stuf on the trailer. I changed to the reese 41930 ,which  I dont think you can by anymore, but is the same idea as the titan just a 2 inch receiver. I have towed over 14000 with it no problem.

Here's my old hitch and yes I have a 2 1/2 inch ball mount, rock solid...

Attachments

• 20140614_121726.jpg
    20140614_121726.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 210
:wave: Here is the hitch that I went with so that I could use a 2in. receiver and not 2 1/2in. receiver. Look at the rating's for it with 2 in. Donald

Product Image
This part fits your vehicle Fits your vehicle

CURT Trailer Hitch #15324

Hitch only. Ballmount, pin & clip not included

Product Details

Weight Carrying Capacity(WC) 16000 LB
Tongue Weight(TW) 2400 LB
Weight Distribution(WD) 17000 LB
Weight Distribution Tongue Weight(WDTW) 2400 LB
Drilling Required No
Visibility Exposed

Wow with that short hitch you may want to read this

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,58824.0.html

:B:   Well I can see that I need to get a weight ticket for the tongue!!  And I will look under the truck at the frame and see what I need to do with biffing it up to play it safe. I have no problem with pulling 12,000 with my 2500 now that I have changed the gearing to 4.56. And thanks for the frame advice as well. MS03  (y)  Donald

That is the only weak link on these 2500 the design of the rear frame

It's hard to believe that the Curt 2" hitch has a higher load capacity that the Reese 2"- 1/2 hitch with the extra mounting points forward on the frame. I wonder if it is made of thicker plate?

That could be true Randy it's a nice design, but you really don't want the kind of weight hanging off the rear of the frame.

15324_1024x768_a.jpg

No don't want to change mine, I'm happy with the reese. I think it's helps strengthen the frame with the extra mounting points. Definitely much better than the factory hitch that came on mine..

Randy said:
No don't want to change mine, I'm happy with the reese. I think it's helps strengthen the frame with the extra mounting points. Definitely much better than the factory hitch that came on mine..

X2

Can I make an assumption that this will not fit my 2002?  Everything I've been looking at seems to indicate that the 02 is different then the 03-06.

The frame is the same on all 2500, so yes it will work.

So will the Reese 45013, it has additional mounts farther back, this is the one allot of us are using. I think it helps strengthen the frame in the rear. It's rated the tow more than the 2500 is rated for so it won't be the weak link in the equipment.. Your choice..

Attachments

• 45013.jpg
    45013.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 75
Back