• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Which one to get

04bluave

Ok i know that the best way to go is with a custom tune. How ever at the moment not really the way iam wanting to go. Same with the HP tuners.

I have been doing my research and trying to figure this out but cant find real world results on what people have gained lost or felt. The reason iam looking into these is for the monitoring capabilites.

Then tuners iam looking at are:

Edge CS

Bully dog triple gt

diablosport trinity

Your thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Opinions on tuners are like bellybuttons...
Everyone's got one!

I personally have the Edge CS and I like it but am going to upgrade to the Diablo InTune so I can disable the AFM.

One of my favorite things about the Edge products is the availability of custom dash pods. The only drawback was that the CS does not have a dimmer, so it was too bright at night. I ended up putting my GPS on the pod instead.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,136530.msg1997183.html#msg1997183

He is a site sponsor you might want to contact him.
http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,139677.0.html

i have spoked with 06monte not to long ago. I think wanting the monitoring functions is going to limit me allot. need to do some thinking now.

if you want to monitor all kinds of parameters without having to actually record a data log, and want to have gauges on the screen, then the DiabloSport Trinity is what you'd want... 

PLUS, The diablosport tools have the most end-user adjustable parameters available than any others...  complete data logging capabilities and full parameter support..  restore original backup stock tunes at any time and no worries about warranty/dealers...

PLUS, you can get CUSTOM TUNING done for the diablo tools, which you can not with the others - you'd be stuck with whatever tunes they give you on them...

;)

well done some more reasearch and will be going with the diablosport intune for now. just going to suck up not having the monitors for now. if i still need them in the future i can always move to the trinity.

You will have my order in the next few days 06monte

I think you'll be very happy with your decision.

Like I said it was kinda neat to have all the different reading (4 at a time) on my Edge CS, but the novelty wears off quickly, and you are stuck using only the tunes that are supplied.

I too am gonna get the InTune (P.S. If you are reading this Mrs Santa, you still have time!!)
because I like the flexibility of changing the parameters on the included tunes, and ability to build customs tunes via Diablew.

Question:

If a person gets a Tune from say Black Bear which uses the AutoCal device with EFILive as the software, can I run the Diablo for real-time data, gauges etc?

Also...can I change to a different tune using the Diablo if Ive already installed a custom tune from either Black Bear/EFILive or HPTunes?

06MonteSS said:
if you want to monitor all kinds of parameters without having to actually record a data log, and want to have gauges on the screen, then the DiabloSport Trinity is what you'd want...   

PLUS, The diablosport tools have the most end-user adjustable parameters available than any others...  complete data logging capabilities and full parameter support..  restore original backup stock tunes at any time and no worries about warranty/dealers...

PLUS, you can get CUSTOM TUNING done for the diablo tools, which you can not with the others - you'd be stuck with whatever tunes they give you on them...

;)

sure, you can use it to data log any supported vehicle without tuning it....

as for tuning it, I would not tune over another tune like that.. you don't know what was changed/adjusted by the other tunes, and the different tuning software/handheld products make changes to different things..  so then applying a diablosport tune over it, the previous tune may have settings done in other areas/tables that could conflict with the new tune settings....

the tools do not do a full flash/write over the ECM... they all only change certain parameters within the tune tables... and some tools have access or make changes to tables that another tool may not... so there's no way to totally replace the previous tune with a new tune... 

you would ideally want/need to restore the original backup stock tune to the vehicle first, before using another tool/software on it..  or get it reflashed back to stock by a dealer first...

What if you just want to eliminate the AFM and maybe do some other upgrades later? Which is best for that?

both will do the same thing..  tunes are the same on both, adjustable parameters are the same on both... custom tuning would be the same for both...

I sell both the inTune and Trinity programmers, and I also offer a package deal as well that includes my custom tuning at a discount so you'd save some $$.  ;)

You can find info about them, as well as links to my Package Deals, Testimonials, purchasing/ordering, etc. on my site here:  http://www.diablewtune.com/package_deals.html

as for the difference between the two...  I actually have both the inTune and Trinity for my car... tune wise, the tunes are the same. adjustable parameters are the same, and of course my custom tune would be the same as well... 

The Trinity has a few more features, including a performance monitor for 0-60, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile times, etc... bigger color touch screen... graphic virtual gauges for monitoring data... it has a windshield mount (like a gps)... you can watch/view the data without having to hold it, since it's mounted to the windshield...

The inTune is smaller (it's the size of a credit card), it does not have the performance monitor, and does not have the graphic virtual gauges, etc, but it's less expensive...and it's a little easier to use than the Trinity when it comes to data logging and importing/export tune files for custom tuning, since you don't have to use any extra software - everything is just copy/paste with the inTune.

So really, it's up to you which one you'd want...  if you don't want/need the extra features/bell-n-whistles, then you can go with the inTune - and it's less expensive...

here are links to their user manuals so you can check them both out to see which one you'd want:

Trinity user manual:  http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/Trinity/Trinity_Comp_User_Manual.pdf

inTune user manual:  http://diablosport.com/manualFiles/inTune_Comp_User_Manual.pdf

I can vouch for the intune, a great and handy little package with nice 'off the shelf' tunes and ability to change various parameters. Disabling the AFM is a key one in my opinion, second improvement would be the shift points and how much firmer / sharper they are. Even on a moderate setting the performance increase (perceived) is very satisfying. Add to that the ability to code read, data log, update via your laptop with new info... and the support from their forums and custom tuners, its a no brainer. Diablew is a cool guy too! ;o)

Back