• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

A/C Losing Settings?

jgruberman

I've been getting into my truck lately to go somewhere and Every time I start the truck, the A/C unit is on 74 degrees on both sides with actual A/C on.

This seems like a battery issue? Can't retain the A/C settings in memory or something?

Recalibrate your A/C. It's very easy.

Just go here for instructions 
http://www.sparkys-answers.com/2011/08/hvac-actuator-recalibration-procedure.html

That does sound like the climate control system is loosing power. Occasionally I have to recalibrate it by disconnecting the battery. When it powers up the default is 74 degrees. If the clock radio is also showing 12:00, that could be an indication that the entire electrical system is loosing power.

Did this fix it?

My truck just started doing this.  The trip counter/odo stays in kilometers but the climate control is in degrees F.  Cycling the key sometimes fixes it but the clock and radio still keep their memory settings.  It has nothing to do with the actuator as there is no problems with the temperature control, just the display.

I'll try cleaning out the fuse and disconnecting the battery for a bit.

So I cleaned the battery terminals and notcied that the fusible link on the firewall was a little corroded and cleaned that up too.  I also cleaned the stabs on the fuses and that fixed it.

Update for reference:
So this fix lasted a week.  It started to do it again.  I was beginning to suspect maybe the battery was getting week.  Two weeks later we had a cold snap here and my truck wouldn't start.  Boosted it, then took the battery and had it load tested.  Zero cranking amps, it was pooched.  Replaced the battery and it's been just fine since.

Back