• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Upgraded w/PAC Audio 1416 & Kicker

W8S AV

Just finished up my install yesterday in the Avalanche and used the PAC audio AOEM-GM416 adapter to work with the Bose/factory navigation.  If anyone is looking at the adapter it's well worth it if you want to keep everything factory.  In my Duramax I went all aftermarket and spent so much money on interfaces and wiring to work with the Onstar, Bose, and steering wheel controls that it wasn't worth it in the end. 

Some people say on forums the remote wire stays on for 15 minutes but mine goes off after 2.  It must be integrated with the dome lights because if I lock/unlock or open a door then the amp comes on.  No big deal to me especially for the ease the adapter was to install and add RCA outputs.  I bought a box that goes under the driver side rear seat and put in a Kicker CompR 10" that sounds good enough for me.  I'll have to get some pics later on but it's raining out  :mad:

Thanks for the review W8S AV yep the PAC interfaces are very easy to put in.

Back