• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Custom or pre-programmed???

09chevyavy

Okay so I have a 2009 AV and I am going to be getting an intake and long tubes with a y pipe this fall, and I want to get a tune on it to gain power
What do I do? Buy a superchips or diablo sport? Or have someone on here or local that will do a custom tune for it? What do you guys think
My goal is more responsiveness, more power and torque and hopefully some more MPGs, to adjust for the tires, and to remove the speed limiter

you definitely want a Diablosport inTune or Trinity... because you can get custom tuning done for it specifically for your truck and mods...  can't do that with the others...

I can definitely get you hooked up man....

You can find my info here:

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,139677.0.html

any questions, please feel free to hit me up....

Thanks!

Will do man!!! One of the things I want is to be able to have a custom tune but also be able to change things like tire size and gear ration and other things so that would be perfect

yes, you can do that... 

the diablo tools come with preset tunes such as the 87 Octane Tune (for 87/89 octane gas), the Diablo Tune (which is for 91+ octane gas), and also a MPG Booster Tune - which is not a performance tune, but is made to try and get the best mpg possible on 87 octane with AFM/DOD....

and yes, you can modify the preset tunes yourself to change the tire size, and gear ratio, and can also be done in a custom tune as well...

Back