• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Blackbear Tuning Setup and Datalogging

kwikshift

Anyone here done a blackbear AutoCal tune?  If so I am looking for the name of the right config files for the setup of a 2006 Avalanche 1500.  I have emailed Justin however her is out of the office for an extended period of time.  I have no problem with him taking the time off, but was just hoping someone here had some experience and could help me out.  I am wondering if it's an E38 ECM, an E40 ECM and E67 ECM, Gen3 Vortec or what.

So anyone here that has done this or has any input for me it would be much appreciated.

I believe it should be the same as for my 03.

I can take a look via HPTuners this evening and let you know what it's got for mine.

Gen 3 Vortec. When you are reading the stock file off the truck's computer, you only have the first one listed on the AutoCal: LS1B.  The others, will and should, show an error if you try to access / download something to them.  Another hint, when recording your 20 min drive, the timer keeps going if you press pause (OK) but isn't recording anything, so try not to press pause until the end. (I dropped the thing and in catching it hit ok and it said pause, but timer was still running so I thought it was recording.)

Back