• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

SIGN THE PETITION...BRING THE AVY BACK!!!!

Charles_P

http://www.change.org/petitions/general-motors-bring-back-the-chevrolet-avalanche     :rolleyes:

I just saw a news article about this site.
Apparently it does work in some cases even though I think the required 11 signed ain't nowhere near enough.

Consider me signed

By the way, rename the subject of this this thread to something more catchy and you'll probable get a lot more people interested.

That's too small a number to make it worthwhile. I wouldn't count on just 100 being enough so fellow Avy owners lets do the right thing.

I wish the organizer luck. Hope this isn't just wasted effort since almost all on line petitions are ineffective. They have trouble verifying names and info and many don't have a definitive person to receive the results. I would also think 100 signatures would be very small considering the thousands of AV owners or the millions of potential owners. There is also not much PR on this effort, needs media support.
Maybe someone needs to make a catchy video for YouTube and have it go viral with all the media hype associated....?
Or even sell a book to the general public in stores or on Amazon etc. about the history of the AV and it's devoted fans?  >:D  :B:

Not likely to happen.  Why would 100 signatures make any difference to GM or any one else for that matter?  Looks like someone's way of getting your email address so they can SPAM you to death.
  But I did sign it anyway  :E:  I'm a glutton for punishment  :rolleyes:

ms38w said:
Not likely to happen.  Why would 100 signatures make any difference to GM or any one else for that matter?  Looks like someone's way of getting your email address so they can SPAM you to death.
  But I did sign it anyway  :E:  I'm a glutton for punishment   :rolleyes:
I agree on the SPAM part.
Since signing this, I've gotten multiple petitions of other things I am in no way interested in.

Same here with petitions for police brutality to cancer patients. Got one supposedly from trevon martins family.

If they wouldnt even save my beloved firebirds.... =(

Sadly the best things are usually the things chosen to be discontinued.

Like the el camino, the avalanche was a crossover that was always giggled at more than it was respected in the mainstream.
We have the taste and appreciation to love it for what it is, the convenience it offered and the way it looked. But, at the end of its run, it simply wasnt generic enough for the masses to latch onto.
I'm happy to kick and scream along with the rest of us that there wont ever be a rendition better than what we got. But, just like my love for the el camino will never die, so will my love for firebirds, and avalanches.

R.I.P

Look at it like this, We are the few and the proud that in another decade will still be rocking a vehicle that gets nothing but compliments, is seperated from everyone else on the road, and is still worth near its KBB values today.

Another unicorn for my collection,
2000 Ws6
2003 2500 avy
1993 FD3S
1998 FZR 600

Back