• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2 Kicker L7 12"subs in 02 avalanche

clintonhpat

I bought em off my friend and at the moment i have them sitting in a plain ole box in my backseat. Id love to have the seat spots open. Has anyone installed 12's under the seats? I was gonna throw em in the bed of my truck for the time being and was wondering if i could wire them through the back gate of the truck.

I'd like to see what others have done with 12's in an 02 lanch if possible for ideas. Thanks

There is no chance you are getting L7s under the seat, even if you could get a box w/ a large enough air space, there is not enough mounting depth.  Your best  bet if you really want to install the L7 12s is to build or buy a midgate box.
Do a search for midgate box or midgate subs and you should find pics and descriptions of other peoples projects.
Here is mine when I first built it. It's a little cleaned up now, but you get the general idea.

Attachments

• gate2.jpg
    gate2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 153
still having a problem finding a midgate box for 12 L7s. Everything i can find is for 15's.

Look up AK Audio out of Rome Georgia (about 1hr NW of Atlanta)
They will build and ship anything you want.
A friend of mine had a  custom bandpass box built for 4 10s for his cutlass and shipped to Texas for if i remember correctly $300

Most decent stereo shops can build you boxes for relatively cheap. It isn't too hard but they may need your truck for a few days depending on how close they are and how complicated a box you need.

Some shops might just measure you up and try to rig up something in card board first to see what will fit then have you come back in a couple days to fit it before they finish it.

So just depends on the shop.

I am in process of working with a local shop to modify a junkyard midgate to hold a pair of 10's and all my amps and processors. Should all fit in the midgate box so I look stealth from inside the truck before you drop the tailgate and look or drop the midgate and look.

I built my mid gate box. I have three 12's in it. I had to research and compare different sites to get the best air space. I ended up with 5.2' inside. Best thing to do if you have carpenter skills is take the time to design your own. You can make all the little fine touches you want and be proud when you're done.

Nice box.  I have one of theirs.  Perfect for a slammin setup!

caraudiofactory.com/022013-avalanche-cadillac-square-hole-poly-p-270.html

Back