• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Park Assist Failure 2007 Avy

brianm

Park assist has been working fine then all the sudden it was always automatically turning itself off and not allowing me to turn it back on now I am getting "service park assist" in the DIC.  Sensors are all clean, nothing in hitch etc.  I figure one of the sensors has gone bad.  These are super easy to replace so any reason not to just pick up a new sensor from Ebay and swap mine out one at a time until the system stops giving the fault.  I figure it would take about 2 minutes to swap one out an I have a one in four chance of picking the right one the first time.  If it doesn't fix I put the old one back in that spot and move to the next sensor.

I also seem to read a lot here that replacing one ends up leading to the failure of another. 

Anyone try my method above?

I was in the same situation and did exactly what you stated -I started on the drivers (left) replaced the first one tested it out, same issue, took the next one out replaced with new one and replaced the old sensor back in and that one was the problem. Its has been no issues since and that has been since Dec.

I also used electrical grease and clean every connection!

^ what he said!!!

The dealer gave me 1 free sensor reading to tell me which one it was. Got an ebay unit to replace it and it has been 100% over a year now and super easy to change. Absoloutly use dielectric grease on the connectors to keep water/dirt/moisture out of the connector. (y)

I just replaced all four sensors with brand new ones, and I'm still getting service park assist message. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks. Was trying to avoid having to pay a diagnostic fee just for the parking sensors.

I understand the frustration of paying them to read the codes, but you can try to talk them into reading the code for free. Let them know how loyal of a customer you are, etc....

Back