• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

8" enclosures for underneath rear seat?

karajabola

y'all,

I'm looking for a pair of 8" subwoofer enclosures, approximate internal volume 1/3 ft^3 that will fit under the seats and are easy to take out (no rear seat removal.). Ideally 5in mounting depth.

Does such a box exist? I can't seem to find one.  My builder (retired father :D) can't build boxes for me until July/August and I'm impatient!

Thanks.

I have put one of these in for now....hooking it up this week. fits great

Kicker 8" Slim-profile, CompRT? Loaded Enclosures

JL%20Audio%20CP108LG-2.jpg

Single 8" I have under my seat. Not big bass but a nice filler. powered be 250W amp.

Perhaps I should start this off with a "doh". I didn't think to see what loaded boxes the mfr's were selling. The driver in the JL unit is actually the same driver I was going to get boxes made for :).

While the Kicker unit is a little thirsty for my budget, I'm guessing it fits 100% covered under the seat. Not so sure about the JL box, especially in a 2011 Avalanche with the modified rear seat brackets. I guess I'll find out in the morning because I assembled a cardboard box with the same dimensions as the JL box.

Thanks for the heads up!

*edit* one more thing. Can either of you comment how low these boxes go? Thx

8's won't go lower than about 40hz. They are alright with mid's if you tune them they can sound good. Mine can't hit lows for poop, so I'm upgrading to two 10's! BRING THE NOISE!

this is how ya need to run your 8"s  Mine hit hard and loud >:D

2737820132_medium.jpg

2737820148_medium.jpg

AvyOwner23 said:
yeah they'll hit hard with blood 4 lol.

I was hitting about 134db :rolleyes: cannot remember.  I'd have to do some digging.  I liked the 8's because I don't care if the neighborhood heard me coming doing the street :laugh:  Everything also depends on your kind of music.  I love hip-hop and R&B but mostly listen to hard rock so the 8's gave me that tighter hit.

Back