• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 installed 2x10" subs and amp under rear set

Petrica98

Just installed today, 2 x 10" JL subwoofers and a 600w Sony xplode amp in my 2007 AV with factory Bose w/o nav.

Dual downfire 10" Box purchased from www.avalancheandaccessories.com. In order to mount the amp in the middle,  I cut out about 1.75" from the box and the width of the amp, then reattached the top into the new "lower" middle, which gave it enough clearance not to interfere with the seat closing properly.

I spliced the speakers into the rear door speaker wires into he high level input on the amp.  This allowed me not to need to run the remote wire to signal the amp on and off, it does so automatically through the speaker wires.

Sounds really good, I am not looking to wake the neighbors, just enhance the sound I was already getting.

:D like to see that too

One more.  - Notice the trim moulding (needs to be painted to blend in).  It was the perfect size to replace close in the open sides after cutting and dropping the deck.

Attachments

• Av amp1.JPG
    Av amp1.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 302
looks good and I bet it sounds better then the stock setup >:D

I like this setup - I'm looking at doing something under the seats as well to keep midgate functionality.  Are you happy with the sound quality and output?  In your opinion, is there any remaining space to mount another amp for the door speakers?  What about enlarging the area you cut out for your amp - could you go further without getting into the speaker chambers for maybe a 5 channel amp?

I am wondering the same thing as nickk678. I need the full length of the bed for work, so i cannot go with something like the JL midgate box , or build my own. This might be the perfect solution for my needs, if i could only add more of an amp to it. Im not talking about some mono block 1ohm amps or anything but something that will do justice to music.

When seats are folded down to access midgate, any issues?
I want to be able to be able to fold seats down to use midgate.

nickk678 said:
I like this setup - I'm looking at doing something under the seats as well to keep midgate functionality.  Are you happy with the sound quality and output?  In your opinion, is there any remaining space to mount another amp for the door speakers?  What about enlarging the area you cut out for your amp - could you go further without getting into the speaker chambers for maybe a 5 channel amp?

There is definitely a couple of inches on both sides of the amp to go wider, I only cut out what I needed to fit the amp I bought.

Very happy with the sound quality, it definitely adds great sound.  I wasn't looking to wake the neighbors, but they definitely know I am coming!

tlrche67 said:
When seats are folded down to access midgate, any issues?
I want to be able to be able to fold seats down to use midgate.

The midgate drops and is just about flat.  Maybe an inch or so of lost "flatness" for lack of a better way to say it.

Here us a pic with the midgate down.  It is more than an inch or two, but Still fully functional for me.  I don't want to mislead anyone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 136
Back