• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 LTZ stereo not loud?

plumber2311

Hi, just picked up a new to me 07 LTZ. Getting used to the truck, so far I like it.
One thing that gets me is the stereo just doesn't get loud. I expected a lot more from the Bose system. I also have a 10 Impala LTZ with the Bose, that stereo is just awesome I can't stand it on more than 50%! I was expecting the same performance from my avalanche. Is this just something with these trucks or is there a problem with mine? My stereo is louder in my work van!!  The sound is crystal clear, but its sounds like 25% in my Impala.
The other thing I'm bummed about is no Bluetooth or remote link like my car. That I should have researched.

I agree not the best system compared to others out there. Wife JBL system in the highlander was awesome.  Also you should note you cannot compare the Impala to the AV because the air space is much grater in the AV so acoustics are way off  :cool:

And I miss Bluetooth too  :E:

Now I will say I'm a big fan of aftermarket systems, as they will always sound better >:D  I'm going to add an amp and bigger sub soon and one day I'll change out the rest. 

plumber2311 said:
Hi, just picked up a new to me 07 LTZ. Getting used to the truck, so far I like it.
One thing that gets me is the stereo just doesn't get loud. I expected a lot more from the Bose system. I also have a 10 Impala LTZ with the Bose, that stereo is just awesome I can't stand it on more than 50%! I was expecting the same performance from my avalanche. Is this just something with these trucks or is there a problem with mine? My stereo is louder in my work van!!  The sound is crystal clear, but its sounds like 25% in my Impala.
The other thing I'm bummed about is no Bluetooth or remote link like my car. That I should have researched.

The Bose system in Avs sucks. A local car audio installer said it's mostly due to a wimpy amp powering everything, and swapping the bose amp with a more powerful aftermarket amp is like night and day with the Bose speakers.

I'm going the alternate route and am removing everything except for the 8" sub in the center console.  Adding new double-din deck, SiriusXM tuner, 5ch speaker amp, door speakers, sub amp, 2 12" subs, capacitor, Shuriken BT-120 battery.

I plan on having my truck for a long time (knock on wood) and there's no way I'd tolerate that factory Bose system that's in it.

I've been in a few different cars and trucks with the factory Bose. This one sucks!! I guess it's all of them and not mine? My Impala and my old Silverado were awesome. I want to make it louder, but definatly want to keep the factory head unit and keep it stock looking. I'm reading about a different onstar module for Bluetooth and remote link. Perhaps I can look at a better amp.

The only factory part of the stereo left in the truck was the 8" sub under the center console.

'Ripped out the deck
'Ripped out the factory Xm tuner
'Ripped out the Bose amp
'Ripped out the Bose door speakers.
'Ripped out the factory remote start/alarm.

Put in Kenwood 6990HD Excelon double-din deck
Put in SiriusXM tuner
Put in Kenwood 5ch amp for 4 door speakers + factory Bose sub
Put in MTX mono sub amp
Put in 4x MTX 6.5" door speakers
Put in new midgate speakerbox
Put in 2 MTX TC701 12" subs
Put in Viper 2-way car alarm/remote start

.. but the crappy Metra interface module means I get el-cheapo sounding turn signal clicks, and lost my remote sensor backup beeps.  So I switching out the Metra interfact for a PAC RP5-GM31 unit.
http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=1123&CategoryID=26

stereo001.jpg

stereo002.jpg

stereo003.jpg

yeah that will make it loud  :cool:  looks good

Not sure if the LTZ has the same settings, but make sure your EQ isn't set to "talk".

And go in and bump up the mid and low a couple notches under the manual EQ settings. This will get you a little more punch.

I suffered from low audio in my non-nav '08 LT3 for the last 6 months, until I found out the SCV (speed compensated volume) was turned off in the menu.  Set it to "medium" this weekend, and made a huge difference.

Nick

Back