• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Does '07 LTZ have subwoofer?

DarkSky

I've hard aftermarket audio systems in my cars/trucks for years - the Bose system in my '07 LTZ *is terrible*.  I'm having the system in my Envoy (my old truck) swapped into my '07 LTX.

BUT...

The audio installer said for me to get a 5ch amp to run my doors speakers PLUS my 'factory' Bose subwoofer, which makes perfect sense, to spread the base out a bit. If it's already there, why not use it, right?

Now, I've had the system cranked and it's just lousy. Definitely doesn't sound like there's any bass coming from a sub up in the center console where he said it would be located.

Does my truck HAVE a subwoofer??  I don't want to pay twice the cash for a 5ch amp when all I need is a 4ch.    ???

Thanks in advance!

David_B said:
If it says "Bose" on the A-pillar tweeters you do.

Wow, that 'factory' Bose amp must really suck.  Cranked up there's very little rumble, and the door speakers aren't overly loud either.

I'm putting 2x MTX 12" subs from my Envoy into my mid-gate replacement (with box), powered by MTX 6001 sub amp, plus 4x 6.5" MTX door speakers, powered by a Kenwood 5ch amp that will power them plus the factory sub inside the console.  Hopefully, after being powered by the new Kenwood 5ch amp, that sub will put out some more rumble.  Although it will be hard to tell with the 2 12's in the back going...

Sounds to me like he's trying to sell you an amplifier.

Nothing special about Bose vehicle speakers (if that's what you had in your Envoy also), they're just crappy paper coned speakers like any other factory stereo.

6.5 speakers don't really put out much bass at all, they're just not large enough to get into the lower Hz ranges, they're mid drivers and amplifier isn't going to change that.

What's the RMS rating of the speakers you're wanting to install?  Are they components or coaxials?

Here is some great info on the '07 BOSE system and how to upgrade it.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,136118.msg2040489.html#msg2040489

Back