• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Anyone using midgate subwoofer box from CarAudioFactory?

DarkSky

I just ordered this:  http://caraudiofactory.com/20022011-chevy-avalanche-cadillac-poly-slot-port-p-241.html

... and am anxious to hear if anyone on here has it, and if so, how is it..?

I've got a 2005 GMC Envoy that I'll be moving my stereo system over to my '07 Av LTX :

4 x 6.5" MTX 2-way speakers
2 x 12" MTX subwoofers
MTX sub amp
Stinger capacitor

I've got a Kenwood 6990HD double-din head unit I ordered that should be arriving soon, but it only puts out 22W per channel so I'll need another am for my 4 MTX 2-way speakers

Right now my 2x 12" subs are in a small sealed box.  Gives good punch but sealed boxes don't give a real low rumble the way ported boxes do.  You lose a bit of that 'punch' in a ported box, but I think it's worth it for the extra loudness.

So if anyone could tell me their experience with the box linked above, 'twould be much appreciated!  (y)

I have one of their sealed midgate boxes and it's nice.

Their behind the seat box didn't work for me though.  You'll be impressed with their box.  Can only drill into them once though and they're not predrilled.  I found it easy to hang and mount with a little help.

Service is good, won't be disappointed, very stout boxes.

Attachments

• 40267366139.jpg
    40267366139.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 72
Back