• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Mid gate box question

Tsoldinski

Been looking at mid gate boxes wondering if I do that will I still be able to put my dirt bike in the bed? I want to do it but not at cost of putting bike in bed. Any help would be appreciated. And I have seen the under seat boxes but my subs are to deep for those. Came from an SUV and space wasn't issue but miss my system. Again thanks for ur guys insight.

You are better off getting a box that fits under the rear seat.

I would think that you could do this one of two ways:

Use the midgate hinge/assembly so that you can fold the sub box forward in the manner that you would have done with the gate.

Make the sub box removeable so that you can either slide it forward onto the folded seats or just take it out of the truck completely.  But depending on the size/weight of the subs themselves that might get tricky.

I did 4 10s and have no trouble taking them and pushing them forward when I have a bigger load to haul.  I am doing another box now and it will ahve two 15"s and I am going to use the hinge assmbly this time around because its going to be too heavy.

Back