• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 rear speaker mounts for aftermarket speakers ???

speedysteveabz

Hi guys,

Having trouble with my speakers in my 07 Avy, mostly rears but also intermittent front passenger side ( see my other thread )

Pulled door panels off the back doors last night & drivers side speaker was working passenger side was dead, jumpered a spare speaker I have into the passenger side and it worked so pretty sure the original passenger side speaker is dead, left it out and layed my spare speaker on the floor still wired to check it keeps working for a couple of days as the problems are intermittent

Drove to work this morning and the drivers side rear has now died again ???? passenger side ( my spare speaker ) is still working... gonna jumper my other spare speaker into the drivers side rear tonight and leave it on the floor and see if I get sound back ... could both my rear speakers be intermittent ?? its werid Ive never had speakers work / not work and then come back to life before they are usualy good or dead ......

This morning my front passenger side door speaker is also dead but the tweeter is still going strong..

Its confusing the heck out of me ???

As I mentioned I have 2 spare speakers ( Infinity 6010cs 6.5" ) but have no idea how I can mount them in the rear doors as the originals appear to be cast into their mounts as a single piece, cant find mounting kits online anywhere for 07 avalanche rear speakers ?

I also have a pair of infinity 6x9's which I would like to mount in the rear and use the 6010 cs's up front ( as they are component rather than co-tri ax ) and would probably match up well with the existing tweeters which are the only speakers in the vehicle which seem to work consistently...

Any advise ?

thanks

SS

My passenger rear BOSE door speaker just poop the bed yesterday too, so I'm curious and will be watching this thread.

OK bought a pair of generic cheapo tri ax 6.5" speakers from wallmart for $25 ( as I dont want to waste my infiniti components for rear fill ) took the original OEM speakers and cut the speakers out of the mounts with a small dremel trim the extra plastic and stick the new speakers into the mounts with the supplied screws, easy job quick fix and seems to work OK, the volume out of the rears is pretty low but its better than nothing, both sides still working at this point so hopefully problem solved.

Cutting the mounts is easy and im pretty sure any 6.5" speakers would fit, just check overall depths before you buy

SS

Rear speaker fix appears to have worked, now gonna swap out the OEM front door speakers for my Infiniti's ( drivers side is fine but the passengers side is intermittent at best ( more off than on these days ), should be a simple swap... I hope..

SS

speedysteveabz said:
OK bought a pair of generic cheapo tri ax 6.5" speakers from wallmart for $25 ( as I dont want to waste my infiniti components for rear fill ) took the original OEM speakers and cut the speakers out of the mounts with a small dremel trim the extra plastic and stick the new speakers into the mounts with the supplied screws, easy job quick fix and seems to work OK, the volume out of the rears is pretty low but its better than nothing, both sides still working at this point so hopefully problem solved.

Cutting the mounts is easy and im pretty sure any 6.5" speakers would fit, just check overall depths before you buy

SS

I did exactly the same in cutting out the factory speakers and mounted kickers in the modified bracket.

I have also seen that you can purchase the mouns without speakers.

Back