Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Keep CAFCNA Alive! Become a Supporting Member Today!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Replaced front hub - now ABS/Stabilitrak lights on...  (Read 5005 times)

OmniGLH

Replaced front hub - now ABS/Stabilitrak lights on...
« on: March 10, 2013, 17:16:08 PM »

Hey folks,

So I just replaced the driver's front wheel bearing/hub, 2007 Avalanche 4wd 3LT.  Took the truck out for a ride after getting it all back together, and all the lights are on.  ABS light is on, TC light is on, and it repeats messages in the DIC (SERVICE STABILITRAK, TRACTION CONTROL OFF, etc).

I know I cycled the key a few times with the speed sensor disconnected (so I could turn the steering wheel to get a better angle on the bolts on the backside) so I'm figuring that's where the error came from (?)  The new sensor IS connected.  Didn't have any issues or idiot lights before this.

Do I need to do a reset on the system or something since the key had been cycled on with one of the sensors disconnected?

Thanks
'07 Avalanche 4WD 3LT

OmniGLH

Re: Replaced front hub - now ABS/Stabilitrak lights on...
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 18:57:58 PM »

Solved it.

New connector on new hub was a LOT more snug than the old one.  I apparently did not apply enough force when connecting it.

I connected the old sensor to make sure the light went out and noticed now much further the connector went in.  So I tried the new one again and gave it a good hard squeeze.  No more lights.  :)
'07 Avalanche 4WD 3LT

cyanamid

Re: Replaced front hub - now ABS/Stabilitrak lights on...
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 10:19:11 AM »

Glad you figured it out   :thumbsup:
2007 LT, Black ,5.3 mod- power folding mirrors, oem heat seats, new leather seats, poly stabilizer bushings, New paint, Trans cooler, DE badge, powder coated rims, led sails trying to figure out HP tuner
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 24 queries.