• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Where did you run your amp power wires?

iCalvin

Hey, how's it going? I am new here, though I joined awhile back. I currently have a 2011 Avalanche in which I am prepping for a system install. I have decent knowledge of car audio in general. Now I plan on adding a ported midgate box too keep the truck clean (and utilize the folding mid gate) and also want to install the amp as clean as possible. I plan on running a dual battery setup utilizing the empty battery tray on the front driver's side so the power wires for the Mids/Highs and Sub are going to be ran from the other battery (Not the one on the passenger side.) I am going to run a Rockford T1500 amp which only has a 4 gauge power and ground terminal but plan on running 0 gauge then using a reducer to 4AWG. I have taken apart the trucks interior numerous times for alarm and sound deadening installs and to my knowledge, running 0AWG inside the cab is kind of bulky and the only easily assessable grommet (located by the brake booster, not the big harness grommet) is going to be over stressed running 0AWG and another 4AWG wire through. How do you people who run subs run their wire? I was thinking about going under the cab then drilling through the floor pan and putting a metal grommet, but before I even think about that I want to know of ways people have done it so that maybe I can save myself some time. Also, where did you ground your amps? Thanks.

If I were you, I'd install a second bat and run it off that.  Or run a 4g power wire to a distribution block under the center console and use that.

I ran most of my wire through the center console and the other ones in the door jams.  take a look at my cardomain page 5

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273782/2002-chevrolet-avalanche-1500/page-5/

iCalvin,

I have just installed the amp in my 07, I did not use two batteries, I ran the 4awg wire directly to the positive side of the battery adding a washer to the 10 mm bolt which tightens the cable to the top post, I then ran it across the firewall in Corrugated Loom Tubing zip tied it to the other Corrugated Loom Tubing currently running to drivers side, I then ran the 4awg wire through the rubber grommet just above and left of brake peddle, from there I ran it under the dash zip tied along the way, I then remove the console, this allowed me to run it under the carpet to the rear seat ( holes in carpet from Factory) Also removing the console provide access under radio and running the RCA cable along the other side to the rear seat. Removing the console also requires removing the seats and makes it easy work. Hope this helps

Back