• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Back to the dealer again

skidooboy

Well my 2009 Z71 is going back to the dealership again for the 2nd time in a month .

Front left axle seal 3rd time now

Can't refuel the truck fast either

4200km on last oil change and nothing on the dip stick ( :beating: Good Job Chevy)

update

So the dealer shut the 4 to 8 cylinder mod off ( not off completely tho ) and now it hasn't used as much oil

I did an oil change 2 week ago and now it looks like the rear main seal is leaking  :E:

Yup same guy  :beating:  (n)

skidooboy said:
update

So the dealer shut the 4 to 8 cylinder mod off ( not off completely tho ) and now it hasn't used as much oil

I did an oil change 2 week ago and now it looks like the rear main seal is leaking :E:

Yup same guy  :beating:  (n)

When I took my 2010 Z71 in for the first oil change, I was mortified when I was advised the rear main seal was leaking at 3K miles. It was repaired in just a few hours and I sweated bullets every time I changed the oil and was always looking for telltale signs of an oil leak on the tailgate.

My service guy rolled his eyes and said, "Not another one?" It was a problem for a period. That Avalanche was built in mid December 2009.

It was never a problem. Thankfully it was discovered very quick.

GM has so many issues with so many items.  The pinion bearing had to be replaced 6 times now I believe.  That is on top of 5 sets of crown and pinion gears, just to find out this last time that there is now a new revised version of the pinion bearing JUST FOR THE AVALANCHE!!!  GM is in no way smart enough or care enough to produce a quality product and stand behind it %100 and solve a problem like it should be.  The 700R4 trans is a huge piece of crap but they are still producing it but added some electronics to it.  When I had it rebuilt last year I had then put every singe update kit and performance parts throughout and was shocked to see how many kits covered for 1980 to current.  GM builds $hit and does not care about the customer or lack of quality.

Lifted07 said:
GM has so many issues with so many items.  The pinion bearing had to be replaced 6 times now I believe.  That is on top of 5 sets of crown and pinion gears, just to find out this last time that there is now a new revised version of the pinion bearing JUST FOR THE AVALANCHE!!!  GM is in no way smart enough or care enough to produce a quality product and stand behind it %100 and solve a problem like it should be.  The 700R4 trans is a huge piece of crap but they are still producing it but added some electronics to it.  When I had it rebuilt last year I had then put every singe update kit and performance parts throughout and was shocked to see how many kits covered for 1980 to current.  GM builds $hit and does not care about the customer or lack of quality.
You got that 100%
The dealer in town is a peace of $hit too !!!
This is one dealership that should of been shutdown .
UP DATE :
So the dealer put another rack in the truck !! Now the truck has a (clunk) in the frontend . They replaced the I-shaft between the rack and steering wheel . That didn't fix the problem !!! Now they say I need new struts @ $1500. I don't think so STEALERSHIP !!!!! So I replaced them myself for $500. and sometime . GUESS WHAT !!! That didn't fix the problem . So now I just drive the peace of $hit oil burning whistling CHEVY AVALANCHE !!!!!
Good one on you Chevy  :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating: :beating:

Axle seal was probably installed backwards, and oil at the rear of the pan is usually the pan. Very rarely does the rear main leak. Why did they replace the rack?

krazycarguy said:
Axle seal was probably installed backwards, and oil at the rear of the pan is usually the pan. Very rarely does the rear main leak. Why did they replace the rack?

Yes you are right about installing the seal in backwards. They did that 3times before they noticed it was in wrong . This time the rack was leaking from the hex nut .

Go to a different Dealership. I take mine to a Cadillac dealership for repairs out of my expertise.

skidooboy said:
Yes you are right about installing the seal in backwards. They did that 3times before they noticed it was in wrong . This time the rack was leaking from the hex nut .

GM redesigned the seal without telling us techs. it always used to be metal side in. then they changed to to metal side out, so if you didnt know any better, it went in backwards. I did it a couple times too, untill we found out it was wrong. lol

Back