• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Stereo System

firemansAV

I was wondering has anybody hooked a amp up to the facorty head unit. I hav a 07 Z71 with nave and didnt want to replace it just wanted to add my amp and speakers to it. The local shop wants $100 to hook it up . I have put in my share of systems even did one it the 02 I use to have. but the units were easy to get to. How do you take out the radio in the 07.

The easiest way is to get a adapter. www.crutchfield.com or www.pac-audio.com have them.

You have to pull the front dash panel off to get the radio out and yes 100 buck is a good price with the adapter.

it's not so bad. All you need to do is pry off the bezel piece that goes around the radio, ac control. Put some tape to protect the edges of the bezel and dash, insert a small pry tool or some small bladed screwdriver or what ever and slowly pull(yank) it out. There's a bunch of clips that hold it securely in place and you do need to pull a bit but once the first comes out, ust work your way around. The it's as easy as unbolting about 8 small bolts and the radio will sldie right out. There's a lot of threads on here on how to do it and what the peices look like once removed. The thread I found most helpful was one from LORDVADOR, it was pretty detailed. The bezel just pops back into place when you're ready.

here's the thread, scroll for the pics of the HU removal. Very helpful.

http://chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php/topic,122553.msg1891626.html#msg1891626

Back