• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Plastic speaker mount

JBB3

My son bought me some new Polk speakers for Christmas. I went to replace all 4 speakers with the new ones and the plastic speaker mount in the rear passenger door was broken up in several pieces. It was still in place because of all the adhesive they use at the factory on the plastic lining the inner door.

Does anyone have a rear plastic speaker mount I could purchase?

GM only sells a replacement with the speaker included for $80. I found an aftermarket but it too had the speaker included for $50.

I could fabricate one but the two the mounting tabs are not at the same level/plane so it's going to be a pain to make.

Any suggestions??   

Not sure if these front speaker adapter rings will work in the rear or not. (I'm not very familiar with the 02's)
But for 12 bucks might be worth looking into, good luck.

http://www.installer.com/item/display_item.php?it=82-3002

82-3002.jpg

DouglasOak said:
Not sure if these front speaker adapter rings will work in the rear or not. (I'm not very familiar with the 02's)
But for 12 bucks might be worth looking into, good luck.

Douglas, Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, the mounting surface in the front doors are flat/flush. The mounting surface in the rear doors are not. There are two tabs at the bottom of the OEM bracket that account for the uneven offset.

Thanks anyway!

I cutout mdf speaker rings and place speaker foam along the backside to help seal the contours. I follow up with sound deadener to seal it completely

Back