• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Has anyone tried Magnaflow 15561 cat back?

Cabman1939

I can't afford a Corsa cat back but I've heard good things about the Magnaflow 15561 single exhaust. I want something that will let my truck breath without being too loud. I plan on ordering this soon. Does anyone have this system?http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=all&id=1177

I have heard several AVs with the Magnaflow setup you are looking at and they sounded nice. Good quality system too.
It would be my choice if I couldn't get a Corsa. (FYI on Summit racing site the difference in price is $200 between the two brands.) I don't know if anyone sells them cheaper though.
I also don't know if those with the Magnaflow had any install issues or not, my guess would be no since that is a top name company. I do know the Corsa is a very easy install and can be done in about 30-45 minutes if you cut off the stock exhaust. I had a muffler shop install the Corsa on my 2004 and my 2008 and they said the Corsa was the easiest system they ever installed.

For anyone looking to add  catback, I had the Magnaflow on my 2002 and loved it.  A month back, I put the 15561 on my 2013 and also JBA Shorties.  The sound at cruise is actually a little milder than the 2002 was, but sounds almost identical at full tilt.  Ease of installation is decent (hint:  remove inner fender wells for header install) and sound is  (y)

Back