• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Complete sub setup on a budget? Help a beginner out!

colby221

hey guys. first let me say i have been reading these boards ever since i got my 2007 avalanche lt, and i cant begin to explain how much i have learned. everyone is so knowledgable and helpful. anyways..

I have been looking around for a complete sub setup for my avalanche. I have been learning alot from the forum but am, in all honestly, a complete beginner when it comes to the speakers, wiring, etc. What I am trying to figure out is a complete setup for subs either in the midgate or below the back seat. It seems that the best option is to replace the midgate or have a thin box between the back seat and midgate for the subs. I dont need something that is extreme bass that rattles the neighborhood, but i do want something that bumps and just has that extra needed  bass that enhances the music. Not that there is anything wrong with extreme, i am just on a bit of a budget. I am looking for a complete (as in everything i would need) from what amplifier, what subs, what box, what head unit, what wire, and anything else that i need. i know alot of it is just opinion but i cant find anywhere that i can find a complete list of items i would need to purchase. open to all suggestions.

if anyone has anything, i would really appreciate it.

I don't have an answer but am looking for something similiar and maybe my post will boost the readership and help in this matter. I have a 2003 1500 with the BOSE system. I want a little more bump/bass. Not enough to shake the neighbors cars but enough so people can hear it a bit with the windows down. Thinking a bass tube under rear seat. Thoughts...ideas?

Try a powered subwoofer, it's not fancy but it will add a little thump.

Stealth box that replaces midgate is by far the best sounding option and i happen to have 2for sale on here. Jho1897@gmail.com or 803-640-4858 joey

JL makes one that fits inside the console. Completely factory look and you retain 100% use of the midgate.  With the midgate  replacement you'll have a huge hump on the back of it, limiting its use and shortening your usable bed space.

Since I didn't get any replies in time and not wanting to spend $800 on a hidden sub box....I bought a behind the rear seat, 10" enclosure which now houses two Kicker 10" shallow mount, 400rms subs. Gotta wait for next pay period to get the amp.

Back