• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Adding Bluetooth capability to 2007 Avalanche using AUX input.

diarmuidf

PM 2018
PM 2017
SM 2007
I wanted to have bluetooth capability in my 2007 Avalanche so I could have hands free cell phone and stream my music without breaking the bank . I found a Belkin AirCast Auto Handsfree unit on Amazon. It connects through the AUX input and so far is working great. Sound quality on the phone is excellent as well as streaming music from my Iphone. It has some limitations. It does not automatically sync with the phone , you must press the Call/Play button when you get into the vehicle and if you were listening to the radio you would have to change the source to the AUX input in order to hear the caller. Since I usually am listening to music from my Iphone it is not an issue for me and I don't see it as a big issue if you were listening to the radio or the CD
For the price and capability I think it is hard to beat.

Link to Belkin Product Page below.
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=530115

Attachments

• Belkin AirCast.jpg
    Belkin AirCast.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 174
I bought the parrot which I am sure is more than this device, but I found out I didn't need it. You can simply plug your phone in with a double jack cable and use it hands free. If your phone uses voice commands your totally hand free.

LornesAV said:
I bought the parrot which I am sure is more than this device, but I found out I didn't need it. You can simply plug your phone in with a double jack cable and use it hands free. If your phone uses voice commands your totally hand free.
Double Jack cable? What's that?

Thought I would chime in here as I have found something pretty awesome.  If you replace your rear view mirror with the On Star digital mirror (NOT analog) it has built in bluetooth handsfree.  I have not tried this but was thinking about doing it... then decided to go with a GPS/Bluetooth double din with 02' mod.  I know Bestbuy sells it for about 100$ but that is as far as I went.  You may want to give them a shot.  Hope it helped!

Like the jack that plugs into the aux port, my phone has the same jack for head phones. So both ends of the cable have a male jack.

isn't the bluetooth on the mirror tied into the Onstar? I think you need to change out the vcm or something to make that work.

LornesAV said:
Like the jack that plugs into the aux port, my phone has the same jack for head phones. So both ends of the cable have a male jack.
so if you do that,  you saying the phone comes out thru your Avy speakers?

That is what the Bestbuy install desk said with it.  It is tied into your trucks speakers... I guess that would be bad if it is aftermarket but that is all I really know about it.

HawaiianBrian said:
so if you do that,  you saying the phone comes out thru your Avy speakers?

Yes and when a phone call comes in switch to aux. I spent 300 before find this out from of friend that has a Silverado.

From the truck I believe. I know my buddie just leaves his phone laying down, except to press end or answer.

Back