Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
09/02/14 04:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adding Bluetooth capability to 2007 Avalanche using AUX input.  (Read 3642 times)
diarmuidf
CAFCNA 2007 Supporting Member

I love the Chevy Avalanche

Awards
« on: 10/18/12 06:37 PM »

I wanted to have bluetooth capability in my 2007 Avalanche so I could have hands free cell phone and stream my music without breaking the bank . I found a Belkin AirCast Auto Handsfree unit on Amazon. It connects through the AUX input and so far is working great. Sound quality on the phone is excellent as well as streaming music from my Iphone. It has some limitations. It does not automatically sync with the phone , you must press the Call/Play button when you get into the vehicle and if you were listening to the radio you would have to change the source to the AUX input in order to hear the caller. Since I usually am listening to music from my Iphone it is not an issue for me and I don't see it as a big issue if you were listening to the radio or the CD
For the price and capability I think it is hard to beat.

Link to Belkin Product Page below.
http://www.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=530115

07 BBM Z71 with NAV and Backup Camera
LornesAV
CAFCNA 2012 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 10/18/12 06:53 PM »

I bought the parrot which I am sure is more than this device, but I found out I didn't need it. You can simply plug your phone in with a double jack cable and use it hands free. If your phone uses voice commands your totally hand free.

2008 Z71
HawaiianBrian

Be good or be gone!

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 10/19/12 10:50 AM »

I bought the parrot which I am sure is more than this device, but I found out I didn't need it. You can simply plug your phone in with a double jack cable and use it hands free. If your phone uses voice commands your totally hand free.
Double Jack cable? What's that?

2007 3LT - Silver Birch.
Amedeus

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 10/19/12 11:00 AM »

Thought I would chime in here as I have found something pretty awesome.  If you replace your rear view mirror with the On Star digital mirror (NOT analog) it has built in bluetooth handsfree.  I have not tried this but was thinking about doing it... then decided to go with a GPS/Bluetooth double din with 02' mod.  I know Bestbuy sells it for about 100$ but that is as far as I went.  You may want to give them a shot.  Hope it helped!
LornesAV

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 10/19/12 11:01 AM »

Like the jack that plugs into the aux port, my phone has the same jack for head phones. So both ends of the cable have a male jack.

2008 Z71
HawaiianBrian

Be good or be gone!

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 10/19/12 11:02 AM »

isn't the bluetooth on the mirror tied into the Onstar? I think you need to change out the vcm or something to make that work.

2007 3LT - Silver Birch.
HawaiianBrian

Be good or be gone!

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 10/19/12 11:04 AM »

Like the jack that plugs into the aux port, my phone has the same jack for head phones. So both ends of the cable have a male jack.
so if you do that,  you saying the phone comes out thru your Avy speakers?

2007 3LT - Silver Birch.
Amedeus

Awards
« Reply #7 on: 10/19/12 11:10 AM »

That is what the Bestbuy install desk said with it.  It is tied into your trucks speakers... I guess that would be bad if it is aftermarket but that is all I really know about it.
LornesAV

Awards
« Reply #8 on: 10/19/12 02:36 PM »

so if you do that,  you saying the phone comes out thru your Avy speakers?

Yes and when a phone call comes in switch to aux. I spent 300 before find this out from of friend that has a Silverado.

2008 Z71
HawaiianBrian

Be good or be gone!

Awards
« Reply #9 on: 10/19/12 02:58 PM »

Ok- I will try, does it pick up your voice from the AVY system or speakerphone on the phone?

2007 3LT - Silver Birch.
LornesAV

Awards
« Reply #10 on: 10/19/12 03:09 PM »

From the truck I believe. I know my buddie just leaves his phone laying down, except to press end or answer.

2008 Z71
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: