• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Sub in centre console not working

random360

The sub in my 07 avalanche only seems to work when playing dvds ? no thump when listening to radio or cds

Any ideas be much appreciated.

Thanks

So you have a sub in your center console?  Was that a custom built box, or how is that set up.  I've always thought there has to be a way to put a sub in the center console.  I just can't give up the functionality of the midgate. i use it too much. 

muddx2 said:
So you have a sub in your center console?  Was that a custom built box, or how is that set up.  I've always thought there has to be a way to put a sub in the center console.  I just can't give up the functionality of the midgate. i use it too much. 
jl stealth box!

:help:buying speakers for front and back doors are the sizes the same? I saw in a thread someone had asked but it was followed up with a sales response for JL audio. any help?

devrendavis said:
:help:buying speakers for front and back doors are the sizes the same? I saw in a thread someone had asked but it was followed up with a sales response for JL audio. any help?
Yes except front had separate tweeter.
GO to Crutchfield as it will show what fits for your model vehicle

Thought it depends on the sound system in the truck.. The 2003-2006 Avalanches I don't think have the tweeter unless they have the BOSE sound system.

And in the 2003-2006 if you have a BOSE sound system you do have a sub in the console. It is in the front of the console and if you look you can see the grill on it. I believe this is also true on the 2002 and the later model trucks but I have not seen this for myself.

The amplifier for the 2003-2006 is under the storage compartment. If you pull the drink holder in the front you can see the front of the amp if you look under the storage section. I believe the wire connects at the rear of the amplifier so if you pull the back of the console off you can get to the amplifier wiring. (It has been a while since I pulled mine and I relocated my amplifier since I have a PC mounted there now.)

For the OP if you are hearing a thump for your DVD's and not your radio or CD's then you need to check your audio settings. Some radios may have different EQ settings for different sources. I dare to bet if you put in a CD and adjust your base you will hear the sub woofer. But if the 2007 is like the 2003-2006 you need to realize the subwoofer is only a 6" (Maybe 6.5") Dual Voice coil speaker that is driven from the same amplifier as the rest of the speakers. Amplification MAY be the same for the sub woofer on each voice coil as the door speakers. You are NOT going to get much thump from a single 6(1/2?) speaker even if it is a dual voice coil...

I have a pair of 10's mounted under my rear seats but haven't had a chance to hook them up yet.

Rodney

I'm curious why did the Topic change from.
Sizes For 02 avalanche 2500 4wd 8.1 ltr
to
Sub in centre console not working

:laugh: 2 different animals.

Attachments

• wtf.PNG
    wtf.PNG
    37.7 KB · Views: 47
Back