• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Wanting to upgrade door speakers

lt1jerome

I have an 06 with the Bose system. I already have an aftermarket head unit and a four channel amp to power the new door speakers but my question is if all I need to do to get this going is just to unplug everything going the the factory amp. Thanks for any help.

I just replaced my bose speakers in the doors. No need to unplug amp. Just replace speakers and put door panels back on.

Vic

If you are getting rid of the Bose parts, I might be interested in them to get my stuff working properly again.  I have an 03 Z66 that got "modified".  Poorly.  Aftermarket stuff is not really in the budget at present.

Thanks.

Hey I've got the same question.  You want to repalce the factory amp and speakers?  Did you get it done?  I haven't looked at the space, but seems like if you remove the factory amp, you should be able to put a aftermarket one there, right? 

mbrundick said:
Looking to change out my door speakers. What is the best way to pull the door panels in my '07?

Kenwood excelon's come with a door mount! and they sound amazing.

e6bill- I have all of my bose speakers sitting in a box in my basement if you want them. I have an 07 but it might be worth a try, just cover shipping and they're yours. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get a shipping quote. 

I recently upgraded my door speakers to alpine type r's . All I did was mount a new amp under the rear seats, run new speaker wire to the amp, rca's from the headunit and power to the amp.  Did it in a day and now the Avy sounds great! Now I just need to figure out a sub!

RTFD333 said:
e6bill- I have all of my bose speakers sitting in a box in my basement if you want them. I have an 07 but it might be worth a try, just cover shipping and they're yours. Let me know if you're interested and I'll get a shipping quote.   

I was able to find the set here locally, so I'm good to go now.  Thanks for the shout.

RTFD333 said:

Im interested if you would still be interested in getting rid of them

If you are my zip is 30707

Yeah I have paypal, to the best of my knowledge they didn't rattle. I swapped them out just a few weeks after I got the truck and they didn't sound blown then.

I am interested in them if you still want to part with them.  I have an 07 it is not the Bose system but I am sure they fit the door and the price sounded right.  Let me know what we need to do to make the transaction.  I don't use pay pal but I can probably find someone that does to make the transaction if needed.  Where are you located.  I am in Oklahoma and really new to this forum. 

Thanks.

I'm also new so don't worry! To be honest I'm moving right now and just don't have a reason to pack these speakers with me. If you want to cover the shipping for them than they are all yours! Not sure if you want to shop around for prices but my zip is 07869 and I can't imagine they would weigh more than 5-10 pounds packaged up.

OK.  not sure how much rush there is for you but I am not sure I would try to tackle the USPS in the next few days myself for someone else.  If you want we can handle this offline via email.  I think there might be a flat rate box that would hold them and they looks like either way is under $20.  let me know if you want my email or if it is available through here someway.  Thanks

Shoot me an email at RTFD333@gmail.com Im leaving the area Jan 2nd so I'd prefer to send them out before that, if not than I can always bring them with me and mail them from there.

RTFD333 - I sent an email to your gmail and got no reply.   

Did you get my email?

Back