• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Lux Care on my 2013 Black Diamond

CW

I picked up a 2013 LT Black Diamond 2 weeks ago.  The dealer said it came in with 'LuxCare' paint care protection which would cost an extra $300.  They couldn't tell me what LuxCare was, except that it 'protects the paint'.  I said sorry, I'm not paying for that, so they removed that charge.

It seems like some kind of oily or slippery finish, not like a fresh coat of wax would feel like.  They said that waxing is unnecessary, and the finish is guaranteed for 5 years (big deal right?).  I'm going to try waxing the vehicle anyway.  Anyone ever hear of this or have any experience with LuxCare?

I've never heard of it and I just bought a 13.  It's obviously a dealer added item and not a factory option. Dealers have always made a killing on paint protection, Scotch Guard, and under coatings. Never worth it in my opinion.

Jimmylh said:
I've never heard of it and I just bought a 13.  It's obviously a dealer added item and not a factory option. Dealers have always made a killing on paint protection, Scotch Guard, and under coatings. Never worth it in my opinion.

Well when I bought my 2011, it came with something called "Auto Armor". What I was told was that it was like a teflon coating so things would not stick.  I have to agree with them.  Bugs and road tar come off without much need for solvents. 

I think it cost around $500 and normally I would run from a price like that.  They gave me a certificate that if I traded the vehicle back in within 5 years, they would deduct $500 after we agreed on the price.  So from that point of view I guess it's free?  :kidding:

I don't know if I would do it again or not.  It is kind of neat to be able to see the stuff just wipe off but it still is a lot of money.

Someone on the board told me that they could do the same thing with a product from the auto parts store for $30 but I was committed by then. 

Oh yes, I haven't waxed it yet and it really doesn't look like it needs it.

I picked up my 2013 LTZ 2 weeks ago and I had them put Simoniz Glasscoat on mine. The dealer charged $695. and it has a 7 year warranty on it. Nothing sticks to the paint and everything just wipes off. I still will wax mine just for added protection but I was also told there is no need to; but any added wax will only provide another layer of protection. I really like it and love the easy no effort cleaning. It helps me keep my Avi looking beautiful.

SmokeyJoe said:
Well when I bought my 2011, it came with something called "Auto Armor". What I was told was that it was like a teflon coating so things would not stick.  I have to agree with them.  Bugs and road tar come off without much need for solvents.   

I think it cost around $500 and normally I would run from a price like that.  They gave me a certificate that if I traded the vehicle back in within 5 years, they would deduct $500 after we agreed on the price.  So from that point of view I guess it's free?   :kidding:

I don't know if I would do it again or not.  It is kind of neat to be able to see the stuff just wipe off but it still is a lot of money.

Someone on the board told me that they could do the same thing with a product from the auto parts store for $30 but I was committed by then. 

Oh yes, I haven't waxed it yet and it really doesn't look like it needs it.

Bought mine used with this on 2 years ago. Bugs stick like hot glue now. Some of those bugs eat into the clear coat and paint. All I can say is get that bird poop and bugs of ASAP. I am now trying opti-coat. Google it this stuff looks fantastic, somebody mentioned it in another thread

butterfly2937 said:
I picked up my 2013 LTZ 2 weeks ago and I had them put Simoniz Glasscoat on mine. The dealer charged $695. and it has a 7 year warranty on it. Nothing sticks to the paint and everything just wipes off. I still will wax mine just for added protection but I was also told there is no need to; but any added wax will only provide another layer of protection. I really like it and love the easy no effort cleaning. It helps me keep my Avi looking beautiful.

When we pick up or 2013 last week the dealer tried to sell us on this Simoniz Glasscoat. I was interested but we decided to pass. When we actually took delivery of the vehicle an hour or two later while they prep it, they had a Simoniz Glasscoat sticker on the drivers door window. I asked the dealer and he said that they put the sticker on every car no matter what. Seems kind of odd to do this if they didn't apply the product? Anyway to tell if they applied this before and were just trying to get me to pay for it?

Back