• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Vss (Vehicle Speed Sensor)

E

EMT-Buff

Does anyone know where the VSS, (Vehicle Speed Sensor) is located?

Actually, I should have worded it better. I'm looking for the wire to the VSS. I need to hook up a wire from my Kenwood Navigation unit to it.

But thanks for responding to my question. Now do you think you can answer this one too? ;D Please?

Ah, that is a vastly different question - but, I just happen to know that one, courtesy of Jason of JPCustoms - I will send you a word document that has the PCM position &/or the cluster connector position to pick it up as a pulse. It is how the HUD unit gets it. Hope that helps ;D

gandolphxx said:
Ah, that is a vastly different question - but, I just happen to know that one, courtesy of Jason of JPCustoms - I will send you a word document that has the PCM position &/or the cluster connector position to pick it up as a pulse. It is how the HUD unit gets it. Hope that helps ;D

Could I get that also? Thanks.

Yakmar

The VSS is a signal to your radio so that when you have the Speed Compensated volume ON, the radio volume will increase as your speed increases. This is to compensate for the increased noice level from the higher driving speeds....

Chris

dichris said:
Yakmar

The VSS is a signal to your radio so that when you have the Speed Compensated volume ON, the radio volume will increase as your speed increases. This is to compensate for the increased noice level from the higher driving speeds....

Chris

That is only true on an 03. On an 02, it is a cable mostly used to provide current speed to Nav systems.

Well Chris that is one function - but mostly it is a signal generator for the input into the ECM for vehicle speed reference used for Speedometer, cruise control, transmission shift points and so on - the radio volume is controlle dby the BCM with some input from the ECM via the VSS. Hope this helps. ;)

TexAVFan

You at quite right, however in my defence I was only going to refer to the reference for the radio......as that is what started this post....
But your RIGHT (y)

dichris

dichris said:
Yakmar

The VSS is a signal to your radio so that when you have the Speed Compensated volume ON, the radio volume will increase as your speed increases. This is to compensate for the increased noice level from the higher driving speeds.... Chris

Like the screaming from the passenger's seat to slow down!! >:D

Yakmar said:
Nawwwww,, I don't speed!! <<legal disclaimer in event of local police online>>
>:D
No legal disclaimer is really required. In my experience, you don't have to be speeding in order to hear "Slow down!" screaming from the passenger seat. :rolleyes:

-- SS

ShapeShifter said:
Yakmar said:
Nawwwww,, I don't speed!! <<legal disclaimer in event of local police online>>
>:D
No legal disclaimer is really required. In my experience, you don't have to be speeding in order to hear "Slow down!" screaming from the passenger seat. :rolleyes:

-- SS

Just Married LOL

Ok, thaks to some other members help, I was able to get a signal from under the hood BCM. I can't seem to calibrate my Navi system though. I think that I'm going to rip it out and sell it or have it professionally installed.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Can u send me that as well plz? I just swapped tranny's and my gps said it was not connected.

Can u send me that as well plz? I just swapped tranny's and my gps said it was not connected.
NOt gonna happen as that member has not logged in years and last post is from 2003.

Back