Home Resources Forums Nationals Meets Store
07/31/14 06:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America

Become a Supporting Member

Visit the CAFCNA General Store

Home   Help Search Login Register Bookmark  
Advertisement
Put your advertisement image here...

Advertisement

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: service tire monitor  (Read 1046 times)
whires

Awards
« on: 08/29/12 12:47 AM »

help! how can I easily get this off of my "DIC" I didn't check the spare tire pressure but I've read there is no monitor on the spare. My tires are all inflated to spec. and they have been untouched for 2yrs. and now this....any ideas??? thanks!!!
ltxi
CAFCNA 2014 Supporting Member

...tree art...

Awards
« Reply #1 on: 08/29/12 02:32 PM »

Short and only answer I know of....replace whichever of your tpms sensors that have gone bad.

2008 Z71 Avalanche LT3 4x4 4:10 Ebony/Black - Nelson tuned
sportred

Awards
« Reply #2 on: 08/29/12 06:14 PM »

i agree. did you recently change rims? if so you may need to use your old sensors.

2006 CHEVY AVALANCHE LT. DUAL EXHAUST. DVD PKG. CHROME PKG AND WOODED GRAIN DASH. CLADDED VERSION AND BEAUTIFUL SPORT RED.
Troublemaker
CAFCNA Cruise Coordinator

NY NY DC PA

Awards
« Reply #3 on: 08/29/12 08:24 PM »

What year AV do you have?  There should be instructions in the manual on how to "reset" the TPMS sensors.

Click the pic to listen to along!
whires

Awards
« Reply #4 on: 08/30/12 02:12 AM »

it's an 04' I'll look thanks!!
SmokeyJoe
CAFCNA 2014 Premium Member

Awards
« Reply #5 on: 08/30/12 04:29 AM »

I believe that each TPMS sensor has a small battery built into it.  Kind of like a watch battery.

If you have the original sensors it would be reasonable to suspect that one or more of these have failed after 8 years.

Now I don't know that this condition (failed sensor) would give you this message or would show up as just one of the tires not reporting a reading at all.

When I have tire issues I go to the nearest Sears Auto store and have them check it.  They, and I am sure others, have a tool that can be used to reset each individual tire sensor but you may need to talk to someone there that is familiar with it.  The last time it took a manager to explain to the tire techs how to use it.

2011 Summit White LT Z-71, Weathertech Mud Guards, Bug Deflector, floor mats, chromed exhaust tip, Metal Sill plates, Maglite Mod

2013 Chevy LT Equinox

Georgetown, Texas
Saoirse_Trodai
CAFCNA 2013 Premium Member

Never forgotten...

Awards
« Reply #6 on: 09/23/12 09:20 AM »

Bringing back an old post...
   You can reset your TPMS by switching your headlights on and off a few times until you get two short horn blasts and your "Check Tire" light will display.

2006 Dark Blue Metallic Chevrolet Avalanche LT - 4x2 - Modded Out
- Traded -
2009 White Volkswagen GTI - 4 Door - Bone Stock

One day, I shall have another AV!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: